Chapter 2

I shrink into Vic's side as his Pack leader stares at me. My side that has the worst wound on it starting to ache as it's being pressed against Vic and the chair I'm sitting on, but I don't care. I hold back a whimper and bury my head in Vic's neck.

"Look at me, cat." I hear Vic's Pack leader say. He doesn't sound intimidating, but I keep my head buried in Vic's neck. Too scared to do anything, afraid that if I make one wrong move, there will be consequences.

"Kellin, look up please." Vic says softly, running his fingers through my hair.

I look up at him, before turning slowly so I'm facing his Pack leader. I no doubt look like a scaredy cat right now, but that's what I am. I'm basically terrified right now. I have no idea of what Vic's Pack leader will do to me.

"What's your name?" The Pack leader ask slowly.

"Kellin Quinn." I say.

He stares at me for a while, looking me up and down. "You're Richard Quinn's boy, right?" He asks, to which I nod. "He exiled his own son." He sighs, shaking his head. "And why is that?"

I look to Vic for help on this, but he doesn't say anything. "Well, I was caught sneaking out at night to meet with a werewolf on No-Man's Land." I say, quietly.

"Were you doing anything else with this werewolf?" He asks.

"No. We were just talking." I say.

He looks over at Vic, obviously he knew that the werewolf who I was meeting out on No-Man's Land was Vic.

I cast a small glance at Vic, finding him looking straight at his Pack leader. What he's thinking about, I'm not sure.

I feel his grip round my waist tighten, and I let out a hiss of pain, and refrain myself from scratching at Vic to get him to stop after he didn't loosen his grip. I let out a louder hiss, aimed towards Vic, as his grip tightens even more, but he doesn't seem to notice as he keep watching his Pack leader.

The wound on my side really starts to hurt now, possibly even starting to bleed once more, too. Instinct takes over me, and I start scratching at Vic's arm, to get him to loosen his grip.

He finally loosens his grip with a yelp of pain, and looks down at me, to see me clutching my side and hissing in pain. His face changes to realization, as he sees this.

"Oh Kellin, I'm sorry." He says, as he lets me lean into his side, as the pain subsides a little. He kisses me on the top of my head, and my eyes dart to his Pack leader.

But, to my surprise, he doesn't do anything. Just watches us. But Vic and I have broken the code by showing affection towards each other. Werecats and werewolves aren't meant to mix. Why isn't he doing anything?

"My Pack doesn't believe in the rules that werewolves and werecats cannot be mates." The Pack leader says. "Some of the wolves in my Pack don't like you cats, but that doesn't matter."

My eyes widen at that. I thought they would believe that werecats and werewolves shouldn't be mates. I've always grown up thinking it was wrong. But here, they don't care. Then again, us werecats are pretty strict on sticking to the code.

"The only thing is this though." He continues. "Even though we believe that werewolves and werecats can become mates, we don't agree on them bearing children together." He says. "We believe that the child must be a creature of one kind. Not two."

I don't have a problem with that. I can bear children, but I don't necessarily want any. But the thought of me carrying Vic's pups, or kits, depending on which will be more dominant... I find to be a rather enticing thought....

I look over at Vic, to see him watching me. What he's thinking, I don't know. He pushes my hair to the side, staring into my eyes. I think I saw some emotion flash in his eyes, but I couldn't be sure. But, as he stared into my eyes, a strange feeling occurred in my stomach. Not one to make me want to throw up. But more like a nervous feeling, or butterflies flapping round inside my stomach.

He looks away, turning towards his Pack leader, but I don't took my eyes off him. He starts talking to him, but I don't listen, too preoccupied with just staring at Vic. I probably look like some shivering statue right now, sitting completely still, except for the occasional shivers running up my back.

I let my mind run wild with dreams of Vic and I together. There's a chance that the two of us could be together, even if we don't have children. I can see us hunting together as mates and growing old with each other. It seemed perfect.

Too perfect in fact....

I let out a meow in surprise as I'm pulled out of my daydreaming by Vic shaking my shoulders slightly. "Kellin? You okay?" He asks. "You zoned out for awhile."

I blink a couple of times, staring at him. "I'm fine." I say, quietly. "Just sore and tired."

He nods, turning to his Pack leader. "Arthur, is it okay I take Kellin back to my room and let him rest?"

"Sure." He says. "Of course."

Vic helps me up and I lean into his side, as we walk over to the door slowly. But turn back as Arthur, Vic's Pack leader, stops us.

"Oh Vic." He says. "I know you've formed feelings for this cat, and there's nowhere else he can stay here, so he'll have to stay in your room with you."

Vic just nods, before turned back to the door. I catch him smiling as he helps me out of the room and down the hall back to his room.

"How you feeling, kitten?" He asks, as we walk slowly down to his room.

I blush slightly at the nickname and shrug. "I'm okay I guess." I say, looking over at him to see him smiling at me.

"Well, I don't know about you." He say, as we got to his room. "But I wanna try this thing out. Us being mates that is."

I giggle slightly as he leans down and kisses my nose.

"What do you think?" He asks.

"I'd love to try it." I say, smiling.

"Great." He smiles, leaning down to kiss me on the lips.

I don't bother trying to stand on my toes to help him, as my wounded leg really starts to ache. Plus, he's not that much taker than me.

He picks me up, and carries me into his room, and lies me down on the bed. Where I feel exhaustion wash over me, as Vic pulls the covers up over me.

He kisses my forehead, and I snuggle up under the blankets. "Just rest kitten." He whispers, brushing his fingers through my hair, causing me to let out a purr.

He leaves me alone after, promising he'll be back soon, and I end up falling asleep, snuggled up under the blankets in his bed.