Chapter 18

The doors to the cage opening wakes me the next morning, and I lift my head off my paws to see that human, Justin, in my cage, bringing me more fish. Standing up, I stretch out my back, whimpering slightly as a cramp runs up my side, before padding over to the fish.

Before I could eat anything, I look over at Vic's cage as he starts whimpering and yelping in pain. Quickly, I slip out of my cage before the human can close it and run over to Vic's cage.

I knock the humans out of the way as I run into Vic's cage and run over to him. I push one of the humans away from him that was trying to inject him with something, before I turn to the humans and start growling at them.

They back away slightly and appear to look confused on why a mountain lion would help a wolf.

Well, idiotic humans, I'm not a mountain lion, but a werecat, and Vic isn't just any wolf, but a werewolf.

I look back at Vic, to see him watching me.

"Are you okay, Vic?" I ask.

He nods slightly. "Yeah. I'm fine." He says. "But, do you think we should show these humans that we're not just some animals?"

I nod, before moving past the humans, and over to where there are two white coats hanging on the wall. I knock them onto the floor, before picking them up and padding back over to Vic and dropping them next to him.

The humans back away as Vic stands up, sniffing the coats. He looks at me, nodding slightly, before he changes into his human form and slipping one of the coats on quickly. I also change into my human form and slip on the other coat. We then turn to look at the humans to see they look terrified as they back up against the wall.

I roll my eyes at them, wrapping the coat around my body. "Please, don't waste your breath yelling for help." I say. "We're not going to hurt you." I look over at Vic. "Well, maybe." I shrug, flicking my tail around behind me.

"Wh-what are you two?" The human, Jack, asks.

I sigh, walking over to them, causing them to back away more. "Werecat." I say, pointing to me. "Werewolf." I say pointing to Vic, who walks up next to me.

"We're not just some animals you can capture and keep in a zoo." Vic says, staring the humans down, as they shrink away from us.

Suddenly, I feel lightheaded, and I lean into Vic's side. He catches, me before I fall over completely, and I whimper as I rest a hand on my stomach, my kitten ears pressing flat against my head to the point where they were hidden in my hair.

"Vic." I whimper as I feel something wet and warm run down my leg. "S-something's not right." I cry, looking up at Vic as he looks down at me, worry sparking in his eyes.

I look to the floor, to see blood dripping onto the floor. Whimpering, I bury my head in Vic's chest. I don't know what was going on, and I'm scared. What if something's wrong with Vic and I's pup? I flick my tail side to side in fright, and Vic lifts me up off the floor and into his arms.

I look up as the sound of wings fluttering into the room could be heard.

"Oli!" Vic called over to the angel as he walked over to us. "Somethings wrong with Kellin." He says, as Oli stops next to us.

I look up at Oli from in Vic's arms and whimper.

"Can you help him Oli?" Vic asks desperately, looking up at Oli.

Oli looks down at me, before removing some of the coat off my stomach, causing my lower half to be exposed. But I'm not worried about that. All I'm worried about it mine and Vic's pup. Oli places his hands on either side of my swollen stomach - which wasn't that swollen - but also was - considering I'm only three months right now.