Chapter 22

Waking up to a small brown and ginger wolf-cat isn't exactly something that I was planning to wake up to. But either way, it's all good. I sit up, as Nala climbs into my lap and meows up at me. I smile down at her as I stroke a hand through her fur.

"Where's your mom, little one?" I ask.

She just barks up at me, wagging her tail, before getting off my lap and jumping off the bed as Alan runs into the room, looking relieved to have finally found Nala.

Alan runs over to Nala, picking her up, before looking over at me. "Sorry about that, Kellin." He apologizes. "She's an adventurous one that's for sure."

I get up out of bed, stretching slightly, before walking over to Alan. "Don't worry. It's fine." I say, resting a hand on my stomach. "She must've just wanted to see the coolest cat here. Isn't that right, Nals?" I ask, scratching behind her ear a little as she meows at me. "See? Even she agrees I'm the coolest cat here."

Alan just rolls his eyes at me, while laughing slightly. "Whatever, Kellin." He says. "Come on, Nala, let's leave Kellin to get some sleep. Aye?" He cooes to his daughter. "He's got two pups growing inside him and he needs as much sleep as he can."

"Alan, it's alright. Seriously." I say. "I was already going to get up soon anyway. I'm starving." I say, patting my stomach lightly, as it started growling. "Hmm, you two are making mommy hungry 24/7." I say to my swollen belly.

Alan awes at me, and I just poke my tongue out at him. "Don't pretend you didn't talk to your tummy while you were pregnant." I say.

"It's kinda impossible not to talk to your tummy when you're pregnant, Kells." He says, lightly hitting my back with his tail. "Come on. I'll get you something to eat if you want."

I shake my head. "It's alright. I can get something for myself." I reassure him, as we walk down the hall and into the kitchen.

I notice the vampire, Tay sitting at the table watching me closely while she sipped some sort of red liquid out of a glass. She got up after she was finished, and walked out of the kitchen.

"Don't worry about her." Alan says, as he notices me watching after her. "She's actually really nice once you get to know her and she warms up to you." He says, setting Nala down on the floor and walking over to the fridge. "Nala, stay." He says, as Nala goes to run off.

Shaking my head slightly, I chuckle at Alan as he tries to get Nala to stay put. I walk over to them, and sit down on the floor next to Nala, as she climbs onto my lap, putting her small paws on my stomach. I carefully remove her paws from my stomach and stroke a hand through her fur.

"Nala, no roughness with me okay little one?" I say. "I've got two little pups growing inside me."

She barks up at me, and I coo at her. She's just so adorable!

"Hey Alan?" I ask, looking over at him as he was cutting up some fish to cook up for us. "Nala should just about be old enough to change into her human form soon, shouldn't she?"

"Well, she's only like, 4 months, nearly 5." He shrugs. "They change when they're at 6 months." He says, as he puts the fish in the pan on the stove.

I nod, looking back down at Nala, as she curls up in my lap. Looks like I can't help Alan with the food now.

"She really is adorable." I say, stroking a hand through her fur. "You and Austin did good." I say, looking up at Alan.

He sighs, turning around to face me. "I wasn't meant to fall pregnant, though." He says, looking down at the floor. "I almost died while giving birth to her."