Chapter 34

Kellin's P.O.V.

It's time....

It's time to finally face the Cematos, and I find myself full of nervousness and worry. There's every chance that things may go wrong, and I really don't want anything to go wrong. Or for anyone to die.

We're all ready, and Merton, Hannah, Tony and Tommy are currently with the pups right now in the van. Ready to go in case something does end up happening. I don't like the fact that we've had to take the pups with us, but we couldn't just leave them back at the house, even if there would be some of us staying behind to protect them. There's every chance that if we left the pups at the house with a small group of us, that the Cematos might send out a group to attack them, and those who stayed behind get outnumbered and they're all killed. So it seems that this was our best option.

We've taken Kyle with us also, in the hopes that he will end up being useful to us when we do face the Cematos. But we haven't gotten Kyle back to how he was before, however Jenna has managed to give him something that she, Merton and Tay had mixed up to make him sleep for now, until we need him. And hopefully if and when we need him, we can have him under control.

Currently, we're all waiting around where the Cematos has agreed to meet us, and I have to admit, I'm terrified of what's going to happen when they get here. I don't have Vic here with me anymore cause the Cematos killed him, but I'll fight till my last breath if I have to in order to keep my pups safe.

I sniff the air, as the air changes slightly, and I look out across the field to see the Cematos fast approaching. And alongside the four leaders, there's a lot more of their followers or henchmen behind them than I had expected there to be.

Looking around me, I see that the rest of our group has noticed the Cematos approaching and have all started lining up in a line in front of the van, where Merton, Tommy, Tony and Hannah have all climbed in and ready to leave at a moment's notice if this all comes to a fight. But hopefully we can avoid fighting and talk this all out.

I start hissing warningly out of instinct, my protective mother cat instinct starting to kick in to protect my pups. I'll do anything that I can to keep them safe. I'll die for them if I have to. Just as their father had done.

Although, rather suddenly, something makes me falter in my hissing, as mine and Vic's psychic link (or whatever it is) becomes a little... fuzzy. I have no idea what's making it go like this. Vic is the only other person who I can communicate to in this way. But Vic's dead.

Right?

Kellin I'm still alive! Don't worry about me.

I only just manage to hear it, making me gasp slightly. However, at first I think it might just be the witch leader, Brendon playing tricks on me, because that seems like something that he'd do to mess with me. Until I scan through all the faces amongst the Cematos Pack, double checking every single face amongst them, until my gaze lands on someone very familiar....

Sitting in between two wolves, there he sits, crouched on the ground, watching me. The wolf who I was told was dead. The wolf who I believed to be dead, killed by the Cematos. My mate.

Vic.

"V-Vic?" I call out to him through our psychic link.

This - He - What?

Oh my god! My mate is still alive! The father to my pups is still alive!

But how? I scan round the others to see that they too have noticed Vic amongst the Cematos, but he doesn't look so great, as he leans up against some tall black-haired wolf's legs.