Chapter 15

Vic's gotten Kyle, Johnnie, Alex and Jack all together this morning to tell them the news that we had to run. That we have no choice but to run. We don't want to run, but we have to. We have no choice.

"So, an angel named Oli has been coming to you two, and telling you both that you have to run?" Johnnie asks.

Vic and I both nod.

"So, where is this angel?" Kyle asks.

I look over at Vic, who shrugs at me. "He usually just turns up whenever." He says. He then looks up over at the door. "Like now."

I look up at the door to see Oli standing there. Alex, Jack, Johnnie and Kyle turn around to see Oli standing by the door.

"Oli, what is it?" Vic asks, as Oli walks over to us. "You have to leave now." Oli says.

I look over at Vic as he kept watching Oli. My ears start twitching on the top of my head. I don't want to leave. Not yet anyway. But we have to. Vic and I have broken the code. We have to leave. I look over to my side to see that Kyle's watching me. He puts an arm round my shoulder and rubs a hand round my shoulder blades.

"It'll be okay Kellin." He says. "If you and Vic have to leave, then go." He says, continuing to rub a hand round my back. "We'll keep it a secret where you and Vic have gone. We won't tell Arthur or anyone."

Tears prick at my eyes, as Kyle removes his hand from my back, and Vic wraps his arms around me. I lean into his side and rest my head in the crook of his neck. I don't want to go.

"It's okay Kellin." Vic says softly as he runs his fingers through my hair. "It'll be alright."

I don't listen to what everyone is talking about after that. I just, zone out while leaning into Vic's side, resting my head on his shoulder. If only the majority of crossbreds didn't turn out evil. Not all turn out evil. Just look at Kyle. He's not evil. He's one of the sweetest creatures I've ever met.

"Kellin." Vic says softly, distracting me from my thoughts. I look up at him, through slightly teary eyes. "We've got to leave now." He says sadly, while brushing my hair to the side of my face.

I frown, looking down at my stomach. This is what we get. Having to run away. All because I'm pregnant with a werewolf's pup. Maybe we'll run into Austin and Alan while we're running to wherever. I hope we do. I haven't hung round another werecat in months.

Vic lifts up my chin with a finger so I'm looking at him. He then presses his lips to mine and kisses me softly. I kiss him back, but with little passion. I don't feel that up to kissing right now. Especially not since we're leaving.

Eventually, Vic and I get up off our bed, along with Johnnie, Kyle, Alex and Jack. We all walk out of Vic and I's room for the last time, locking it afterwards. We all walk downstairs and out of the compound, where we find Oli standing and waiting for us.

We walk through the woods to I don't know where, probably somewhere close to the border. Kyle and Johnnie walk close to each other, holding their pups close to their chests. I'm thinking it would've been a good idea for them to leave them back at the Pack house with one of the nursing wolves, or that Kyle just stayed back. But I want Kyle to be here when Vic and I leave. And, honestly, I haven't seen Kyle once without his and Johnnie's daughters, so neither of them probably would've wanted to leave them back at the compound while Vic and I run off.

Oli stops suddenly, causing the rest of us to stop too. Vic and I walk over to him as he just stood there. "Oli? What is it?" Vic asks, as he wraps his arms tighter around me. He turns around to face us both.

"You've got two other wolves following behind you." He says.

My eyes widen, and I sniff the air, along with Vic and the other four behind us. I sigh a little as it's just Danielle and Sky. The others sigh too as they see who it is, but still look a little weary about them. After all, Danielle and Sky don't know about my pregnancy.