Chapter 12

Vic and I have been spending a lot of time with Johnnie and Kyle lately now. They're the only ones who know about my pregnancy, and they have promised not to tell anyone.

Also, Kyle is very close to his and Johnnie's pups' due date now. The two of them are very excited, and I honestly can't wait to see what their pups will look like. And, how Kyle is meant to give birth to them. I have a vague idea of how it'll work, but I'd never really been around any werecats who were close to giving birth when I was still in my former Clan.

"You okay Kyle?" I ask, as Kyle waddles into the room, holding the underside of his swollen belly.

He shrugs. "I don't know." He sighs, sitting down next to me. "They've just been kicking roughly ever since I woke up this morning." He says, rubbing a hand round his stomach.

I nod. "So uh, how's the birthing meant to work?" I ask. "Like, do you have them naturally in human form, or wolf form?" I explain.

I've got to know for when I'm ready, right?

Kyle laughs slightly. "Well, it would hurt like hell having them naturally in human form." He says. "Although, it would hurt either way." He adds. "But wolf form would be the safest for a fertile male." He shrugs. "The pups won't be born in their human form anyway, and their wolf would be slightly smaller, and easier to push out."

"Did you search all this stuff up?" I ask.

He nods. "And, because I've been there for a few births with fertile males." He adds.

He suddenly whines in pain, clutching his stomach, before he lies back on the bed, looking over at me. "Hey Kellin?" He asks. "Can you go get Johnnie and Vic?" He asks, pointing to the front of his sweatpants, that were currently getting wet.

My eyes widen, and I nod. I get up off the bed, before changing into my cat form, not caring that the clothes I was wearing just seconds ago are ripped now. I turn to see that Kyle has changed into his wolf form and was, doing whatever wolves do when they're about to give birth? I think?

I sprint out of the room, glad that my stomach isn't showing just yet. But I still shouldn't really be running like this. But it's an emergency so it's okay. I run out of the compound and outside into the forest to look for Vic and Johnnie.

Would it be crazy if I said my sense of smell has doubled now that I've got werewolf genes in me for the baby? I guess that was expected really. But it's really helping me find Johnnie and Vic faster than before. Man, my sense of smell was good before, now it's even better! Mix it in with my tracking skills, and walla! Doesn't take too long to find what I'm after.

I let out a loud bark-like meow to get Johnnie and Vic's attention, as they haven't seemed to notice I'm here yet. Score one for stealth! They spin around, letting out yelps of surprise. When they see me, their expressions turn to that of confusion.

Now to just get them to follow me. Curse not being able to talk in our forms....

I run up to them, meowing up at them, and pushing at their broad shoulders. Vic grunts in annoyance and whacks me on my back gently with a paw. I hiss at him and scratch my claws down the side of his snout, causing him to yelp in pain. Okay, I wasn't meant to scratch him. That was just reflex cause he hurt my back, and you're not meant to hurt a pregnant person.

Vic barks at me to go back to the compound, his eyes were dark with annoyance as he stares down at me. I make no move to go back though. They've got to listen to me! Kyle's having the pups now! Hold on, we can't communicate in our forms....

I run behind a bush and change back into my human form, but don't move from my spot behind the bush, just, stand up slightly, so they can only see me from the waist up. I fold my arms over my chest.