Chapter 23

Darkness.

That's all I can see right now. Darkness. I don't know where I am, or what's happening. All I know is that I'm tied to a chair, and someone is walking around me. From the scent I can tell that whoever it is, is a werewolf.

"So, Kellin." The guy says, and I hold back a whimper as I realize it's the leader of the Cematos.

I hear him move closer to me, and tear off the blindfold that I'm wearing. It doesn't really make much difference though. The room is still rather dark, and I can't really see his face, but in what little light there was in the room, his eyes still stood out a lot. Clear crystal blue eyes. Honestly he's got eyes you could get lost in.

I feel something sharp and cold, a knife I assume, pierce my stomach slightly, causing me to whimper.

"J-just k-kill me now." I say, before yelling out in pain as he slowly pushes the knife into my stomach.

"Oh, Kellin." He says. "I'm not going to kill you yet."

He walks away from me over to what I'm assuming is a table, considering I can't see anything right now. "I'm just going to hurt you right now." He says, suddenly right by my side.

I whimper as he grabs onto my chin and forces me to look at him. "You're such a beautiful kitten." He says, brushing my hair out of my eyes. "It's almost a shame that we have to kill you, really." He says, before letting go of me and standing up. "But kittens who break the code." He starts. "Have to be punished. With death."

Suddenly, many candles are lit, and the room is illuminated up. I notice Vic sitting motionless in a chair next to mine. There's blood dripping out his mouth, and he isn't breathing. The only reason he was still kind of sitting on the chair, is because he's tied up on it.

"Now." The Cematos leader says, walking back over to me. "Pleasure to meet you." He says, trailing a knife up my sides. "Prepare to bleed." He snarls, before plunging the knife into my side, causing me to scream out.

I jolt up in bed and look around to see Vic lying in bed asleep. Sighing, I lie back down and rub a hand round my stomach. My pups are still safe growing inside me. The Cematos leaders haven't come and terminated them, or even know about them.

Yet....

Sighing, I roll onto my side and move closer to Vic. He shifts around slightly, and sits up, looking down at me as I stare up at him with big eyes, and my kitten ears pressed flat against my head. He sighs, and wraps his arms round me, and I rest my head on his chest as he rubs a hand round my stomach.

I start purring softly as Vic continues to rub a hand round my stomach and holds me close to him carefully as I cuddle up against him. I need something. Anything to distract me from that dream. And eventually, with Vic's arms around me, I find myself drifting off to sleep once again.

******

I wake up the next morning to find Vic not in bed with me. Nor is he in our room at all. I stretch my arms up, before getting out of bed and walk into the bathroom to do my business, before I get changed and walk into the living room area.

Vic's sitting on the couch next to Austin talking about something. What they were talking about, I have no idea. I walk over to Vic and sit down on his lap and rest my head on his shoulder. He wraps his arms round my waist, and I smile slightly, placing a hand on top of Vic's on my stomach.

My kitten ears twitch slightly as I hear some people running up to the house. And not long after, Billie, Tré, and Michael walk inside.

They look over at Oli and Josh, who are sitting together on one side of the room. "Oli." Billie says, as he walks over to him. "Some angel by the name of Hannah is outside wanting to speak with you."