Chapter 31

Looking over at Alan, then to the others, we sit down on one of the couches, as we wait for them to say something. But whatever they have to say, I'm not exactly sure if Alan and I will be happy about it or not.

"Kellin, Alan." Billie starts, standing up. "The Cematos are planning to come find us all if we don't give them you two and the pups."

I feel my blood run cold. Of course the Cematos would be like that, but are the others actually considering giving Alan, the pups and I to them? At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they are considering giving us to the Cematos.

But surely, they wouldn't just hand us over.... Right?

"You can't possibly be thinking of handing us over, can you?" Alan asks, standing up, and standing in front of me slightly, before looking over at Austin. "Austin, please." He whimpers. "Please tell me you're not considering it."

I look between them all also, hoping like hell that that isn't what they're all planning on doing. But, as the seconds go by, and none of them say anything, it seems as though that is in fact what they all have planned.

And if that's the case, then I'm taking my pups, along with Alan and his pup, and leaving. Going as far away from all of them as possible.

That is... until Oli stands up. "Actually, that's not what we've planned." He says. "We'd never send both you and Alan and both your pups to the Cematos, even if our lives depended on it." He assures me. "Which, technically it does. But you're not going anywhere."

Alan and I both calm down slightly as Alan sits back down on the couch, his kitten ears still drawn back and his tail quivering slightly. They're not planning on sending us over to the Cematos. But, if they're not, then what the hell do they have planned?

"What's this plan that you guys have decided on?" I ask, looking around at them all.

"We face them before they even have a chance to come find us, and if possible, we do everything we can to avoid an unnecessary battle." Michael explains. "There's no use in spilling blood over something that can be easily talked over."

The others nod in agreement, seemingly set on facing the Cematos before they even have a chance to find us all. But there's no telling whether or not this plan will even work. I just hope for all our sakes, it's going to work.

Hopefully we can talk with the Cematos with no need for any battles, and everyone can walk away from all of this alive, with no bloodshed, no one should die over something like this. Especially young, innocent pups, even if they are hybrids.

However, I have a bad feeling that none of this will end the way we want it to....

They explain everything to Alan and I and promise the both of us that nothing will happen to any of the pups. That they'll do everything within their power to make sure the pups are safe, and that none of them will get hurt. Innocent pups should never be harmed in any way. It's not their fault that they're hybrids. They can't help who they are, neither can their parents help who their mates are, even if they aren't of the same creature.

Eventually, when they've explained to Alan and me what they're planning on doing, Oli gets up from where he's sitting on the couch next to Hannah, suddenly teleporting out of the room. Returning a few minutes later with Kyle and Johnnie, and their two daughters Avery and Tyler, who have already seemed to have changed into their human forms.

They look around at their surroundings, looking at all of us, till their eyes land on me. "Kellin?" Johnnie asks, looking around at the others. "What's going on?"

"The Cematos that's what." I say, holding Ashery close to me as she jumps up onto my lap. "They know about the hybrid pups." I explain, before looking down. "Th-they killed Vic."