Chapter 30

Kellin's P.O.V.

I've been running around in the field around here for quite some time now. I've also been jumping up into trees as well, just trying to get in some exercise before we face the Cematos. And to simply try and distract myself from... from Vic and what had happened to him. It doesn't really work. He, and what had happened still manages to invade my thoughts.

And I'm prepared to kill every last one of the four Cematos leaders for killing Vic. They killed my mate, and I'm prepared to get my revenge.

Moving to jump out of the tree I'm currently perched on, my tail flicks round behind me, and my claws on all four paws dig into the bark of the tree branch. I'm just glad the branch I'm on is rather fat and can hold my weight.

Getting ready to jump, I steady my hind legs, wriggling my butt slightly, before jumping into the grass, flipping in the air, slightly off balance as I claw at the air as I do so, before skidding my claws into the grass as I roll onto my paws.

Shaking out my fur, I set off in another run through the trees. Skidding round bushes and tree trunks. It's a good thing I'm pretty agile. If I wasn't, well, then I'd be crashing into trees and bushes by now. Although, I do feel weirdly off balance, but that's mostly because this is the first time in quite some time I've had the chance to get a good amount of exercise in.

I stop as I get to a clear patch of dirt. Looking around, I pad across to the middle of the clearing, and sit down. I start panting slightly, before laying down on my side. I close my eyes and just listen to everything around me.

My ears perk up slightly, as I hear what sounds like footsteps coming closer to me. Sitting up, I look around me and sniff the air. There's a new scent lingering on the air. One that I can't recognize, and smells rather... odd. However, there's no signs of danger around me, so maybe it's just a group of humans exploring this abandoned town? Or maybe the ghosts of the humans that no doubt haunt this place after what had happened here.

Either way, I don't fancy staying here long enough to find out.

Scrambling to my feet, I set off in a run back to the others. They're probably starting to wonder where I've gone by now. And the pups might be getting hungry.

Eventually, the house comes closer into my vision, and I run out of the trees, and across the field. I slow down into a walk when I get closer to the house, and once I'm up on the deck, I change back into my human form and grab the boxers and shirt that I had set out on one of the chairs out here. Once I've got the boxers on, I walk inside and into the living room, where Ashery, Tate and Ryker and rolling round on the floor with Nala as Merton keeps an eye on them.

As soon the pups notice me walking into the room however, they all come running over to me and jump up at my legs. I chuckle slightly, before sitting down on the floor. They all climb all over me, knocking me down onto the floor, as they start licking my face and chest.

Eventually they all get off me, and I notice Ashery has moved back to sitting in front of the window again, while the boys and Nala have gone back to running round the room. Sighing, I stand up and walk over to Ashery and sit down next to her.

She looks up at me, before climbing onto my lap, and resting her head on my knee, whimpering slightly. Sighing, I stroke a hand through her fur. She doesn't understand what happened to her father, neither do Tate and Ryker. They don't understand that he died. They probably think he's going to come running back here very soon.

I wish he would. If not for me, but for our children. But of course, he won't. Not when he's dead.

I sit back, leaning against the sofa behind me as I watch out the window. I know it's pointless, Vic's not going to come running up here from in the distance. Instead, I'm just sitting here with Ashery. Comforting her like any parent should.

Closing my eyes as I lean back against the sofa, images flash through my mind. Vivid images of Vic, chained to the floor in some cell, naked and blood everywhere. Whips slash down on his back, causing him to let out screams of pain, as his blood spurts out onto the floor.

My eyes fly open, And I look around me, breathing heavily. All of that looked so real. Almost like it was all happening before my eyes. Looking over at my arm as a warm wet liquid ran down my arm, I gasp as I see a long gash on my shoulder. Blood's dripping out of the wound, and I have absolutely no idea where the hell it even came from.

Looking around me, everyone else is in the room, sitting round talking amongst one another. The pups are all asleep curled up together in that dog bed, even Ashery who's no longer on my lap.

Slowly, I stand up, catching everyone's attention. "What's going on?" I ask, looking around at them all.

They all look between one another, getting me thinking that it has something to do with me. And Alan by the looks of it as I just notice him walking into the room.

Alan runs over to me once he notices the gash on my shoulder. "Kellin!" He exclaims when he gets over to me. "What happened to your shoulder?" He asks, pushing me along to the bathroom.

"I-I uh, I don't know." I say, shaking my head as I sit on the edge of the bath as Alan grabs a wet wipe. "I must've cut myself while I went out for a run or something." I shrug, as Alan puts some sort of liquid onto the wet wipe before dabbing it gently onto the gash on my shoulder.

"Holy fucking shit, Alan!" I hiss in pain. Whatever the liquid is that Alan put on the wet wipe, fucking stings! "You could've warned me that it'll s-sting." I hiss. "Or at least warn me about what you were going to do."

He gives me an apologetic look, before continuing to dab my shoulder with the vile liquid.

"Why are you even putting this stuff on my shoulder anyway?" I ask, balling my hands up into fists to try and ignore the pain. "Us werecreatures heal on our own."

He shrugs. "Just speeding up the healing process." He shrugs, before bandaging my shoulder up.

Once he's done, I stand up and scratch the back of my neck.

Alan goes to walk back out to the others after putting everything away, but I grab onto his arm. He turns to look at me, a confused look on his face.

"Alan." I start. "Is it just me, or do the others seem to be hiding something from us?"

He looks over at the door, before looking back at me. "Yeah." He nods, as I let go of his arm. "It does actually." He says, his tail flicking round behind him nervously. "What if when the Cematos came, they gave the others an option to hand us and the pups over, and the others are thinking of doing just that?"

I look down at him, shaking my head slightly. "I hope not." I say. "But they wouldn't give us up, would they?" I ask, wrapping my tail round my waist as I feel it coming out, along with my kitten ears.

Alan shakes his head, looking down at the floor, before moving closer to me. I wrap my arms round him, and our tails twist around each other, as we hold each other close.

"Alan." I murmur. He just hums in response. "D-did you used to be in my old Clan?" I ask.

I had to know. I've never asked Alan about his former Clan. I'm not sure if it's something he doesn't like talking about our not. But right now, I just have to know.

He stiffens slightly, before looking up at me. "I can't remember much of my old Clan." He admits. "But, I think so." He says. "I recognize your scent from somewhere. Not just when you first joined the Pack."

I nod, before holding the ginger close to me. I'm fairly certain I recognize Alan's scent from my old Clan. Though, it would've been years since he's been in the Clan by the sounds of things.

When I was younger, I used to have this best friend, who was like, a year younger than me. We'd do everything together. Till one day, I just... never saw him again. My parents wouldn't tell me where he went either. Actually, no one would tell me where he went. Maybe Alan is that friend of mine who went missing? I do remember him being a ginger.

Eventually, we pull away from each other, and walk back out to the others, who look up as we enter the room. Billie stands up from where he sat with Michael and Tré. "Kellin. Alan." He starts. "We're just discussing what we're going to do about the Cematos."

Alan and I look at each other, both our tails quivering behind us.

What could they possibly have been talking about?