Epilogue

Ten years has passed since we had convinced the Cematos that hybrids aren't a danger, and also having the former vampire Cematos leader - Gerard - locked deep within the cells of the Cematos kingdom for his crimes. And ever since then, things have been perfect, aside from the fact that hybrids are still required to be put on a registry, and somewhat monitored just in case. But with the fact that they're no longer outlawed, I'd say that's a fair enough outcome.

Although, we may have lost Kyle on that day, but everything was worth it in the end. Not just because hybrids are allowed to live life without fear of being terminated, but because I got my mate back.

I got Vic back. He wasn't killed, the Cematos were just holding him prisoner and also torturing him somewhat, and he had told me that the only thing keeping him alive was me, and our pups. He was fighting for his life, just so he could get back to us, and it was worth it, because we got him back.

Now, Vic and I have formed our own Pack, where everyone is welcomed in with open arms. Our Pack has grown with each passing year, and every season, we are blessed with more young. Our last queen - the term we still use for nursing females and fertile males just like every other Pack, Clan, Coven etc - to have pups was Jack, he and Alex had three little girls that they had named Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup.

Ever since Kyle had died, Johnnie has had to become a solo dad now to his daughters Avery and Tyler. He's been trying his best, but I know for a fact that it's been hard on him. I think that's why this wolf who had joined our Pack a couple of years after we formed our Pack, Alexandria Dorame, has offered to help Johnnie care for both his daughters. And now, something that has come to a shock for some of us, Alexandria is now currently expecting Johnnie's pup, a little boy. And wanting to honor his fallen mate, and the hybrid that finally put an end to all hybrids having to live in fear, Johnnie had said that they've decided to give their pup the middle name, Kyle.

And apparently naming their pup Kyle wasn't even Johnnie's idea to start with, but Alexandria's idea, and Johnnie had liked it, wanting to honor his fallen mate by naming his new pup after him. Or at least giving the pup Kyle as a middle name. They're still figuring out a first name. I hear they're stuck between the names Nathaniel and Rowan.

Somehow, and I really don't know how he managed to do it, but a few years ago, Merton finally found a way to change himself into a werewolf just like his mate Tommy. And honestly, I don't think I've ever seen Merton any happier than he is now. Not to mention his wolf form is seriously so adorable, and he's actually quite small compared to almost all of the other wolves in our Pack (even the she-wolves), but it doesn't seem to bother him the slightest bit.

Although, I have noticed that since then for the past year that both Tommy and Merton have been leaving for a couple weeks at a time every few months. I'm not sure what they're doing exactly, but I trust them enough to not be doing something that might get them in trouble. But there's always the stench of unfamiliar wolves on them when they return, along with a slight human scent that smells rather wrong.

I've not asked them about it yet, but I'm beginning to think that perhaps I should. Even if I'm sure that they're not doing anything bad.

"Mom!" My kitten ears twitch on my head as I hear Ashery yelling out to me, distracting me from my thoughts.

"Ryker and Tate are being mean!" She whines, running into the living room and over to the couch I'm currently resting on.

"Ryker! Tate!" I call out to the two boys who've been picking on their sister yet again. "What have I told you about picking on your sister?" I ask, once both boys run into the living room and over to me, their heads hanging low, and their tails drooping. "You know it's not nice to pick on your sister."

"We're sorry, mom." Both boys say at the same time, their tails flicking round behind them slightly, and their kitten ears practically hidden in their light brown hair.

All three of mine and Vic's pups Tate, Ryker and Ashery all have light brown hair, and both the boys have inherited Vic's tan skin tone, while Ashery inherited my pale skin tone. Though, with Ryker's hair, he's got a strip of white hair on his fringe, it's become one of the only ways Vic and I can tell Ryker and Tate apart along with the color of their kitten ears and tail. Other than that, the both of them look nearly exactly the same.

I look up over at the door, to see Vic watching me and the kids. He smiles at me, before walking over to my side. "How you feeling, kitten?" He asks, sitting down on the armrest of the couch I'm currently laying on, and running his fingers through my hair, as I start purring softly.

"I'm good." I say. "We're both good Vic." I add, smiling as I use my tail to rub round my swollen stomach.

Yes, swollen stomach. I'm pregnant again, with a little girl. Even though there are still risks with this type of pregnancies, it's not as risky anymore. You see, every mother in our Pack who has given birth to a hybrid child has survived along with the child. I think the last queen who nearly died while giving birth was Dan, though both he and Phil are werewolves. But I think Phil had said something about him having wererabbit blood in him, and he thinks that's what caused Dan to have a bit of trouble with the birth of their son, Dil. But that was around ten years ago now.

Thanks to Merton, Jenna, and Tay, as they've done a lot of research and experimenting with lots of stuff. They have finally come up with something for the queens to take if they're expecting hybrid pups to lessen the risk. I'm not entirely sure what it is exactly, but it does help a lot. Plus, the main risk from being pregnant with hybrid pups was because of stress in the first place cause well, cause of the rule that all hybrids would be terminated along with their parents.

But now, since that is no longer part of the code, the mothers aren't stressing out about their child being terminated anymore, and they now don't face much of a risk with hybrid pregnancies. Though, there is still the issue about certain mother's bodies not being strong enough to bear the child. But that's kind of what whatever it is that Merton created is for.

"Kids, why don't you go and play outside with the rest of the Pack's pups?" Vic says, looking over at our kids. "Let your mother get all the rest he can get."

The kids nod, before hugging me and their father, before running outside to play with the other kids. Our pups are so amazing, I couldn't ask for any pups better than them. They've even helped me round the house and helped me get everything ready for when their little sister Copeland is born.

I sit up on the couch, allowing Vic to sit down and wrap his arms round my waist as I lean up against his chest. "I love you so much, Vic." I murmur, nuzzling my head against his chest, a purring more.

"I love you too, kitten." He says, kissing my forehead.

We sit together for a while, till there's a knock on the door, and in comes Austin, also known now as the wolf who Vic has chosen to be his second in command. While he's also chosen Billie, Tré, and Michael as his sort of advisors, given their age.

"Vic. Kellin." Austin nods at the both of us. "Vic. Your assistance is currently needed down at the border. There's a group of rogue wolves trying to cross into our territory, and they don't seem very friendly."

Vic sighs slightly, before looking apologetically down at me. "I have to go deal with this." He tells me. "I'll be back as soon as I can. I promise." He adds, as I sit up so he can get up.

"Go do your duties, baby." I say, standing up, and hugging him. "I'll be fine till you return," I say, kissing his cheek. "I promise."

He nods, kissing me back, and rubbing a hand around my stomach slightly. "I'll see you later." He says, giving me one last kiss, before running outside with Austin, leaving me alone in our house to get some much needed rest.

I'm so proud of this society that Vic and I have created, along with the others who fought alongside us that day ten years ago of course. Everything we've worked for is amazing. And if anything or anyone tries to destroy the society that we've built over the years, I'm not afraid to fight for it.

With tooth and claw....