Chapter 25

Vic's P.O.V.

His long whining meows of pain are possibly the only thing I can hear right now. Our pups are on their way, and there's a chance that he's not going to make it. I hug his top half to my chest, as Jenna works on his lower half, where, to put it in not such a weird way, our pups will come out.

I never really noticed before, but Kellin's cat form is actually a lot like a females. Well, of course it is, really. He's a fertile, and all fertile males have the same cat or wolf form as females. I guess it's easier for them to give birth to their kits or pups.

The others had gone out of the room a few minutes ago, leaving just Jenna, Kellin, myself, and Merton in here. Well, and Tay who's offered to help when we need it. I'm thinking we'll probably really just need her help when the pups are finally out.

I'm not sure what purpose Merton being in here will serve, or why Jenna had gotten Tay to go get him. Then again, I still don't know much about the human.

"Merton, is it ready?" Jenna asks, as Merton makes his way over to her side, holding a syringe.

Merton looks a little nervous, as he looks between Jenna and the syringe he's holding. "I don't know..." He admits. "I've no way of testing it out beforehand."

I look between Jenna and Merton in confusion. "Test what out?" I ask. "What is in that?"

I'm not entirely sure I like the look of whatever that stuff is that Merton's got. Not to mention that whatever it is, he hasn't even tested it out yet, so there's no knowing whether or not it'll be safe.

And I don't want him injecting it into Kellin if he has no idea if it's even safe.

"It's something I've been working on to help Kellin." Merton says. "Or any person expecting a hybrid, really." He corrects. "But... I don't know if it's ready yet."

He looks really nervous, and I can't help but notice the way his hands are shaking.

He's clearly scared that whatever it is that he's made might not work, and potentially do more harm than good. While I've noticed that Merton seems to be into a lot of witchy stuff, he's not a full-blooded witch. He's not even a supernatural creature like the rest of us here. He's just human.

"We're just going to have to hope that it is." Jenna says, gently taking the syringe from Merton. "I trust you enough to have done this right, Merton."

Merton reluctantly hands it over to her, and steps to the side, watching as Jenna injects it in between Kellin's shoulders.

Nothing happens. Not at first, anyway, and I begin to think that maybe whatever it is didn't work. But then Kellin's fur starts glowing a little, as small convulsions run through his body.

I can't tell if it's worked or not, but it hasn't killed him... yet....

"Has it...?" I ask, not entirely sure what I'm supposed to be asking.

"I... uh..." Merton starts. "I don't know?" He says. "It's supposed to help strengthen Kellin during labor, seeing as there's risks with hybrids, but... I don't..." He trails off. "I don't know how to tell if it's worked...."

Well... that doesn't fill me with much confidence.... But nothing bad has happened yet, so maybe it's worked?

Jenna places a hand on Merton's shoulder. "It's okay." She assures him. "You can go back out to Tommy now, if you'd like."

Merton looks up at her in appreciation, before he's making his way out of the room, presumably to his mate.

"Okay, Kellin." Jenna says once Merton's left the room. "I'm going to need you to push as hard as you can." She instructs, placing a hand on Kellin's stomach, as more small convulsions run through him.