Chapter 1

I wake in an unfamiliar bed with bandages round my arms, legs and waist. My whole body hurting.

I groan in both pain and as the memories come flooding back. My former Clan had exiled me and chased me out of their territory. My father had even attacked me, as a warning to never come back. And I was found by two wolves, who had taken me somewhere. Both of which, I hardly recognized.

Where I am exactly, I'm not sure. however, this whole place stinks of werewolf stench, so I'm guessing I'm inside a pack's territory.

Great.

But I don't know if it's his Pack or not. I hope it is though. If it's not, I don't know what I'll do. Or what they'll do to me. They could very well kill me.

Sitting up, I look around at my surroundings. I seem to be in some hospital type room. It smells a lot like medicine as well as wolf. I'm unable to distinguish any of the wolf scent though.

Besides, I only really know a couple werewolves well enough to tell their scent.

I turn towards the door as I hears someone approaching, sniffing the air. Yup, definitely werewolf, and the scent's familiar too, which is comforting. And as the door opens, I'm relieved to see him....

The short, tan werewolf with shoulder length brown wavy hair who I've fallen for. Vic Fuentes....

"Kellin." He sighs in relief, as he comes over to me, wrapping his arms around me gently. "Finally you're awake."

I breath in his sent as he hugs me tight. Honestly, his wolf stench is the only one I can stand. I don't know why, it just smells nice, and always brings me back to the first time we had met....

I was sixteen when I met him, and he was eighteen. I had been walking through the forest outside of my Clans borders, something I used to do quite often to clear my mind. The land between the werecats land and the werewolves land is no man's land. No one owns that stretch of forest. Long ago, our ancestors agreed that the area between each of our territories would belong to neither the werewolves or werecats.

Sometimes I'd walk close to my Clans borders, while other times, I'd walk further into the trees, away from the borders. And the night that I met him, Vic, it was one of the nights I strayed deep into the trees. I discovered then that he too often goes for walks through the no man's land to clear his head also.