Chapter 6

They stare at me in confusion. Obviously not knowing how I know why Austin and Alan ran off. That's when I realize that werecats have a much stronger sense of smell than werewolves, but seriously? They can't smell the similarity between Kyle and these bedsheets?

"Kellin. What do you mean you know why Austin and Alan ran off?" Vic asks, coming over to me.

I grab the bedsheets again and push them against his chest. "Vic, sniff these, then sniff Kyle."

He looks at me in confusion, but sniffs the bedsheets, then sniffs Kyle, - who I have to say looks as though he's getting a little uncomfortable. His face shows, confusion, before he seems to catch a strange scent, and sniffs both the bedsheets and Kyle again. He then looks up at me, before looking over at Johnnie, Alex and Jack, then back to me.

"You smelt this last night too didn't you Kells?" He asks.

I nod. "Yeah, I though something was strange about Alan's scent." I say. "Turns out that smell that was coming off Alan that I could smell last night, is the scent of an expecting mother." I say, looking over at Kyle. "Vic. Austin and Alan fled the Pack house not just because Alan is pregnant, but possibly because they both know that werecats have a very sharp sense of smell, and I'll be able to figure it out that Alan is pregnant.... Well, that and because they broke the code, and they don't want their child being terminated."

Vic puts the bedsheets back down on the bed and looks around at us all. "We're gonna go out and look for them." He says, looking at me, Alex, Jack, and Johnnie. "Kyle." He adds, turning to Kyle, who was still standing next to me. "You'll have to stay here." He says. "We don't want you getting hurt."

Kyle just nods, before waddling over to Johnnie, who wraps his arms round him in a hug carefully, before Kyle leaves the room and goes back to his and Johnnie's room.

I look over at Vic to see him watching me, before he looks up at the other three wolves in the room. "Johnnie." He says. "Go find Jaime, Mike and Tony and tell them they're gonna help us find Austin and Alan."

Johnnie nods, before running out of the room, and off to look for the other wolves Vic had named. Vic's then leading Alex, Jack and I out of the room and we separate into our rooms, to rid ourselves of our clothes before we change so we don't end up ripping them. I change into my werecat form, before Vic changes into his werewolf form.

We make our way out of our room and outside, where Johnnie's waiting in his silver wolf form, along with a wolf that looks similar to Vic - his younger brother Mike - a black wolf with spikey fur - Jaime = and a light brown wolf - Tony. Now we're just waiting on Alex and Jack to get down here.

They finally run out of the compound in their wolf forms, Alex a sandy brown wolf, and Jack a very dark brown wolf, with a strip of white going down one side of his face, down to his tail. They run over to us, and Vic looks round at us all. He motions to Jack and Alex with his head to run off in one direction, before doing the same to Mike and Tony, and Jaime and Johnnie. I guess we're all splitting up then.

He turns to me, licking the top of my head, before running off, with me following a few seconds after registering that we were pairing up together. Man, I wish we could talk to each other in our forms. I catch up to him quickly enough and run alongside him as we make our way through the trees.

After a while, I catch a whiff of werewolf and werecat scent. And the werecat's scent was laced with the scent of an expecting mother. I stop and meow over to Vic to get his attention. He stops and jogs over to me. I extend a paw out in the direction the scent is coming from, and he sniffs the air, turning to me, his tail wagging slightly, before we both run off following the scent trail.