Chapter 36

My blood runs cold as I see his unmoving form lying at Gerard's feet.

Kyle's lifeless wolf body lies, sprawled out on the ground, his neck twisted at an awkward angle, and his eyes clouded over with death. One of us is dead, and that was never supposed to happen.

"No!" Johnnie cries, making a move to run over to Kyle's body, but Alex and Jack run up to him and stop him. "Let go of me!"

"Johnnie." Alex says, trying to calm him down. "There's nothing you can do, he's gone." He says, as he and Jack hold Johnnie down. "I'm sorry."

It comes after a bit of a struggle, but Johnnie gives up, and drops to the ground on his knees. Which causes Alex and Jack to fall back on the ground also, but they're both quick to move closer to Johnny once more, doing their best to comfort the young wolf.

Kyle should never have died. Now Tyler and Avery will grow up without their mother. Sure, they'll still have their father. If things all go our way after this, but it's not the same as having both parents. Not by a long shot.

Looking over at Gerard, I hiss a warning at him as he stalks over to us. Vic growls at him, and moves in front of me, protecting me from him. And even though I very much appreciate Vic's gesture, I can look after myself. Though, I do somehow still feel a little weak from having the pups like, a month and a half ago....

I start to notice the others, Mike, Jaime, Jenna, Tay, Austin, Alan, Oli, and Josh move closer to Billie, Tré, Michael, Vic, and me. They're all standing ready to fight just in case we have to attack. And I'm ready to fight if I really have to.

Gerard looks over towards the van where the pups are with Tommy, Merton, Tony. and Hannah, and goes to make his way over to them, but Austin changes into his wolf form and jumps in front of him, growling a warning at him.

He hisses at Austin, and goes to walk around him, but Alan is right there next to Austin in his cat form, hissing at him, and extending out his claws.

Gerard looks between all of us, before hissing in frustration, not sure whether he should attack, or surrender. It'd be sensible to surrender, he's outnumbered by quite a bit, and it doesn't look as those any of the other Cematos are on his side, and none of the others standing behind the other leaders seem willing enough to move and join Gerard (and maybe if they do agree with Gerard, they're too afraid to go against the other leaders). Which means that there isn't any use in him fighting, because he's clearly outnumbered.

Then there's also the fact that everyone now knows that he is the whole reason the hybrid Emmett Quinn had lost control all those many years ago, and then again with Kyle.

Looking up at Vic as he nudges my shoulder with his nose, he kneels down slightly, and flicks his ears, looking up at me. "Get on my back, kitten." He says, through our psychic link, or whatever it is.

I look at him curiously, before climbing onto his back anyway. Once I'm on his back, I carefully, but tightly, grip onto his fur a little so I don't fall off as he stands back up, and walks a little closer to Gerard, growling a warning in case he tries to do anything.

"Gerard." I say, repeating what Vic's telling me to say in our psychic link. "Just give up. You've lost, and everyone knows now that you are the cause of all of this." I say. "You hate hybrids the most, so you caused them to go out of control in order for them to become outlawed."

Vic grunts slightly, and I go on. "We all know now that you've hated hybrids from the start, so you did all of this with Emmett Quinn, and then Kyle, just so all hybrids and their parents will be terminated."