Chapter 27

The sound of something crashing in the front room is what awoke me. Sitting up in bed, I see Vic in his wolf form growling at the door. Looking over towards our pups, I see them all sitting up in their crib, whimpering slightly. I quickly get out of bed and go over to them, and attempt to shush them, but they still kept whimpering.

"Darlings, it's okay." I say, picking each of them up and bringing them over to Vic and I's bed. Once I've got them all on the bed with me, they move closer to me, and Ashery hides under the blankets, as her brothers climb onto my lap and whimper up at me.

"Vic!" I call over to him, as I try and calm down the three one month old pups. "Vic!" I call again as he doesn't seem to hear me. "Vic. What the hell is going on?" I ask once he finally turns around to look at me.

He shakes out his fur before walking over to me and our pups. "We've gotta get out of here." He says quickly, before turning back to the door as it opens, but relaxes a little as it's just Mike, Tony and Jaime.

"What's going on?" I ask, looking over at Mike, Tony and Jaime as they shut the door behind them.

Tony runs over to me and helps me try and calm the pups down.

"The Cematos that's what." Jaime says, and at that, my blood ran cold.

"Th-the Cematos?" I choke out.

They all nod, and I hold Ryker, Tate and Ashery closer to me.

This can't be happening! Not now!

I notice Jaime and Mike run over to the closet and grab out three large bags and they start chucking all Vic and I's stuff into the bags, along with the pups' stuff in the bags. I quickly get out of bed, getting changed into the clothes that Mike chucked at me, before I pick up Ashery and Tate, as Tony picks up Ryker.

"Are the Cematos here now?" I ask nervously, looking between Mike, Tony, Jaime and Vic with wide, frightened eyes, my tail flicking behind me in alarm and my kitten ears drawn back.

Jaime shakes his head. "They're not here yet." He says. "But we've gotta get you and your pups out of here, along with Alan and his pup."

I nod quickly, as I follow them out of the room quickly and out the back way of the house where I see a van parked. The others are standing out there, piling bags into the back of the van. I notice Alan already sitting in the van, holding Nala close to him. I follow them over to the van, and I climb in and sit next to Alan. Tony follows me in and places Ryker on my lap, and I hold him close to me along with Tate and Ashery.

Looking over at Alan, I see that he looks just as scared as I do. Alan and I will be dead for sure when the Cematos get here. I jump slightly as the van moves slightly, and I look to my side to see Vic standing next to me, still in his wolf form.

He rubs up against my side, most likely trying to reassure me that everything's going to be okay. "I'm going to stay back with the others while you go with Alan, Merton, Tommy and Hannah." He says, rubbing his nose against my cheek. "I promise you we'll all make it back safe."

I nod, before wrapping an arm round his neck as much as I can, hugging him tightly, while still holding onto our three pups. Which I have to say is rather difficult, the pups aren't exactly small especially Ryker.

Eventually, I pull away from Vic, and he licks each of the pups' heads, before jumping out of the van and over to the others. The other wolves have already changed into their wolf forms and were pacing back and forth anxiously.

Once everything that is needed was set into the back of the van, Tommy shuts the end door, before he and Merton are jumping into the front of the van, while Hannah slips into the back of the van with Alan, the pups and me. She shuts the door behind her, and Tommy starts up the van, before we're driving off, away from the others as they pace around the field in their forms - well, all of them in their forms except for Tay, Jenna, Oli and Josh that is. And of course, Michael and Tré in their werecat forms.