5. Perfect wear

The first thing Sophie did when they entered home was going to the bathroom. Even though Furlan put down the fire on her quickly she still felt a painful burning on her body. She needed to see that burned flesh and try to heal it. Furlan tried to go after her but she shot the door right before his face.

"Leave me alone, I need to check that burn" she said loudly.

"Sophie" he called for her, his voice was so soothing behind this door that she really thought about letting him in. If it wasn't for her bad memories she would have done it. "At least let me guide you through this process" he said as he leaned on the door. She bit her lip, considering his offer. She slightly moved up her shirt and saw the edge of terribly scarlet flesh. She hissed seeing it and closed her eyes. What is she doing? She helped them burn those people alive and now she's feeling sick because of a little burn? Her thoughts were leading her to the alley of her mind where she located all the terrible things she saw or experienced. No. She should stop right now.

"Do you know anything about burns?" she asked airily. 

"Quite a lot actually" he smiled. She could tell he was smiling even though she didn't see him, his voice was revealing it. 

"Okay" she sighed. "Guide me then" with that being said she listened to his every command. First, she gently removed her shirt. She gathered the courage to look in the mirror and she groaned in disgust. Her burn was larger than she had originally thought. It was placed in the middle of her chest, scarring her cleavage. She turned a little only to learn that she also had a few burns on her ribs. It looked terrible. At least now no one will want to take her to bed. No more Torren's. Who would like to make their advances at an ugly person? That one thought helped her survive through it and keep on looking at herself even though she really wanted to look away.

"Are you alright?" Furlan asked when she was silent for a longer moment.

"Yes" she finally answered.

"Did you ugh...removed it?" he blushed as he asked her about that. Levi in the meantime rolled his eyes watching his friend acting like a brat. He turned his back at him and went to kitchen to make himself a tea. Two in one day? Not very thrifty of him but he ignored the feeling of wastefulness and boiled water for his beverage. He deserved that one luxury in such stressful day as this one. That girl is going to be the death of them if it will keep to be like this

"Yes, I did" she answered Furlan and he guided her on healing it. She soaked her skin with cold water and groaned in reaction.

"Are you okay?" Furlan asked again, worried when he heard the sound that left her mouth. Levi spluttered as he heard how his friend was treating this girl with kid gloves and he had a strong feeling it wasn't necessary to act like this around her. 

"Yes" she replied, blushing slightly. She must have admitted. She really liked how concerned he was about her. Even her grandma, her only support in life, wasn't as worried about her as that blonde boy was. 

"Good, now that you're done with it you can come sit with us"

"Not really"

"Tsk, what is it again?" Levi growled, hearing their conversation. 

"Why Sophie?" Furlan followed his words, making his own more soothing. 

"My shirt is ruined" she confessed. "I have nothing else to wear"

"That's alrigh, Levi will give you his shirt"

"No, I'm not" Levi quickly said, already angry.

"Yes, he will" Furlan gave him equally angry look, which he wouldn't normally dare to give. It baffled Levi and made him want to punch Furlan in his face. What was this idiot thinking? "I'm too tall to give her my shirt, she would drown in it, you're not that taller than her"