13. Welcome to the Scouts

"Wake up!" these were the first words Furlan and Levi heard in the morning. They opened their eyes to see another Scout standing next to their body, apparently waiting for them. "Move, we won't wait for you the whole day" he added which caused Levi's eye roll, but he somehow managed to hold himself back from talking back to this man. Both of them listened to the Scout and crawled out of bed. Man escorted them to the shared bathroom where a lot of showers were placed next to each other. They looked at them for a while. "What is it?" man sighed impatiently. "Never seen a shared bathroom before?"

"Never saw these" Furlan pointed at the device.

"Oh" man clearly didn't expect this answer and got perplexed. "It's called shower. When you use a switch water will come from it and you can wash yourselves" he explained and they nodded. "I'll be waiting outside" with that being said he left them alone. They turned the switch on and a stream of water landed on their bodies. They had to admit it, it was pleasurable. Levi always enjoyed moments of cleaning, when he could wash all the dirt from the day. Maybe those headquarters weren't that bad if they had such good equipment for washing? Or maybe it's a standard across the kingdom? Thinking about it only made him realise how people Underground were deprived from goods. It made him grit his teeth in anger.

"Do you think we'll get to the Smith's team today?" Levi asked Furlan who shrugged his arms.

"I hope so. The next step of our plan needs that"

"Yeah, I know. That's why I'm talking about it"

"You really want to get out of here already, don't you?" Furlan chuckled.

"You don't?" Levi arched his eyebrow as he looked at his friend's face. His glare was really intense in a way that always made Furlan feel intimidated. "I thought you wanted to sleep with your girlfriend already" he tried to sound casual, but something in his voice was breaking as he said it. He hoped that Furlan didn't notice it, but it was only his wishful thinking. Of course Furlan had noticed it. His voice for a one second wasn't as low as it usually was which made Furlan think about the reason behind his behaviour.

"Of course I am. It's just good to be spoiled, you know?" he laughed which for some reason only made Levi angry at him. How many goods that they were provided with could make him want to stall his separation from Sophie?

"Yeah, that spoiling was so obvious with how they treated us last night" Levi rolled his eyes and finished washing himself. When he turned to the chair where he left his clothes he noticed that they were replaced. "What the hell?" he said loudly and examined those new things. Furlan quickly finished showering and joined him.

"I think that's their uniform" he said as he pointed at the beige jacket hanging on the back of a chair. "Maybe that will help them to treat us better?" he asked with a clear hope in his voice.

"Yeah, for sure" Levi replied in a snarky way, but changed into the uniform anyway. When they were fully clothed they left the bathroom. Man that was guarding the door smiled as he saw them.

"Finally! You look like one of us. Only a few more things and maybe you'll actually become true Scouts" he said and urged them to follow him through the corridor.

"Told you" Levi sent a glare at Furlan who pressed his lips into a thin line. He didn't like it when Levi was right in a bleak way. They followed a Scout all the way to the courtyard where apparently other Scouts were already there. Their eyes started wandering around all of these people's faces in order to spot two that were most interesting to them. They finally saw Isabel and Sophie and as they saw them too their facial expression changed from really tense to more relieved. Sophie grabbed Isabel by her hand and pushed through Scouts to approach Levi and Furlan. She wrapped her hands immediately around her boyfriend who hid his face in the crook of her neck, breathing in her scent.