43. More than friends

Sophie woke up early, it was still dark outside and Levi was sleeping. She slightly smiled seeing him next to her. She pecked his torso and slowly untangled herself from his hold just so she could leave the bed. She would gladly stay there with him and snuggle more to his body, but she knew that it was too risky. What if she snapped at him suddenly? He was sleeping, he was vulnerable like this. No, that won't happen. She searched her pocket and took two pills at one time just in case. She sat on the chair and drank some water, preparing herself for inevitable dizziness. It was terrible, the way her head started spinning after a few minutes and how nauseous she became after another few. She whinged and doubled up. She gritted her teeth in hope to stop those feelings, she was rocking back and forth trying to give herself more comfort, but it was hard to achieve. Her body and mind only calmed down a bit when she looked at Levi. She even smiled seeing him there. The image of him laying there was more than enough compensation for her unpleasant side effects.

Levi woke up soon after that and realised that she wasn't there. His eyes widened in sudden terror as he was afraid. Why wasn't she there?! He stood up immediately, ready to grab his things and go search for her. Somehow knowing that she was now with him made him more concerned about her. He calmed down a little when he saw that she was sitting on the chair. Something about that didn't seem right. Did she change her mind again? His hands began to sweat due to anxiety. He hoped that it wasn't the reason, but he couldn't escape those thoughts. It was hard to believe that someone like her , so beautiful and witty, was truly interested in him and developed feelings. What if she just said that because he confessed to her? What if she just wanted to make him stay close and she thought that it was the only way? Those thoughts were haunting him now, but he decided to put them aside for now. She didn't look well.

"Why aren't you in bed?" he asked.

"H-had to take my pills" she tried to smile, but failed. Her lips were shaking and he noticed that she was holding her stomach. It was painful to watch her in such a state. He realised that he will have to work on her problems as soon as possible to free her from experiences like that.

"Do you always feel like this?" he asked quietly as he crouched in front of her, his hands on her legs, brushing them gently and that helped her focus her attention on him rather than the temporary ache. She looked at him and noticed how worried he was. She hated to cause that, yet she wasn't brave enough to let him go. Especially not after admitting her feelings, not after kissing him so many times, not after hearing how hard his heart pounded when they fell asleep together. She wouldn't dare to go away. Never.

"Sometimes" she mumbled. "My head is just spinning," she explained.

He pressed a kiss on her knuckles and she chuckled, the sound that he loved to hear. "It will go away. We'll work on that" he promised. She smiled, but her eyes were sad, she didn't really believe that even though she really wanted it to be true.

"How much time do we have before leaving?" she asked, changing the subject.

"About three hours. Enough time to eat or get more rest. Whatever you want"

"Rest sounds nice"

"Rest it is," he agreed. He wasn't used to laying in bed, the truth was - he tried to avoid it as he was having trouble with sleep, but with her it was different. She was making it easier. He helped her get up and they went back to bed where they laid. He pulled her close and breathed in her amazing scent. His hands were caressing her hair and it was everything she needed.

"Maybe we should've seen how the 104th cadets train," she said after another hour.

"Erwin didn't order us to" he pointed out, calming her down. "But we can if you want to"