44. Cold night, heated bodies 🔥

Days had passed and the winter came to Trost as it was expected. Levi and Sophie had seen snow before as they were in the Scouts for almost six years now, but it was still catching their attention - little snowflakes flowing down from the sky and hitting the ground, covering it in a tender and cold drift.

"It's finally snowing," Hange said one day. She joined Levi and Sophie at the table as they were eating their meal. "You know what it means? More free time" she giggled and Sophie joined her. Levi rolled his eyes, even though he liked to watch how it snowed.

"Oi, don't get lazy," he warned her.

"Have I ever been lazy?" she said with a reproach as she crossed arms on her chest. "I'm working my ass off, coming up with the best way for capturing the titan"

"And you're still about that"

"Yeah, Erwin approves it now" she grinned and put her notebook on the table. She opened it and showed them lots of fully written pages. "Mobby and I came up with this only last night," she said proudly.

Sophie smirked hearing that. Mobby. She wanted to get the truth about Hange's relationship with Moblit out of her, but she seemed very reserved about it, which was nothing like her. That was one of the reasons why Sophie believed that these two were more than superior and subordinate, just like she was more than friends with Levi. She blushed thinking about it. She still didn't get used to the new nature of their relationship. It seemed too good to be true that he decided to be with someone so mediocre as her. It somehow angered her, thus she took her bowl between her legs and crushed there a pill, afraid that she would do something bad. She already felt the familiar, unpleasant feeling in her veins that was urging her body to go in a defensive mode. No, she had to get her shit together.

Levi frowned as he saw what she was doing, he knew that movement well by now. It saddened him greatly each time, probably even more than at the beginning, because he was blaming himself for letting this happen. He was blaming herself for allowing it, but he still didn't know how to make her stop. He was just counting how many of them she was taking, trying to prevent her from taking more than she was already taking. For now it worked, but he was afraid that one day she'd just take more and he won't be able to stop her. He was afraid that she would go deeper in her addiction and that he would just watch it helplessly. That thought terrified him, freezing the blood in his veins.

He snapped back to reality as Mike joined them at the table along with another soldier from his squad - Nanaba. "Don't get your ass overly excited, Hange" he told her. "This winter's about to be really cold. Erwin thinks that we won't have enough wood to warm the building" he said glumly. "We will probably have to collect more firewood rather than take care of our usual job"

"Caring all of the logs is kinda like training" Sophie pointed out. "You can train your arms and back"

"Bet you would like to see that" Mike teased Sophie as he took a bite from Nanaba's plate at the same time to which she rolled her eyes.

Levi visibly tensed as he heard that. He didn't like the way Mike was talking with Sophie. It was way too flirtatious. Yes, Sophie said that she was having feelings for him, not anyone else, but Mike was a blonde, tall man exactly like Furlan and Erwin, two men that she chose before him. Yes, they agreed that they're more than friends now too, but for now no one knew about it, they were trying to keep their relationship low-key for now. They didn't want to upset another member of Levi's squad - Petra. It was still soon since Levi shut her attempts and Sophie didn't want to create a hostile atmosphere in his squad as she was now one of his soldiers. Something about the fact that she was his subordinate, responding directly to him was making her body heated. No, it was him in general that was making her body heated, her own body more in desire of him with each day. It was getting hard to resist the temptation of being with him wholly.