54. Impulse 🔥

Sophie opened her eyes and realised that she wasn't in the open field any more. She laid on the mattress in the room that she knew so damn well. The person that it belonged to was sitting by her side, watching her carefully. Levi's eyes widened as he realised that she was awake now. He was still calm, though. He didn't want to upset or terrify her. She's been through a lot and he wasn't going to pressure her to talking about whatever the fuck happened there. No matter how impatient he was to find answers.

"Levi," her voice was raspy and weak, so he handed her a glass of water which she emptied within one chug. She was thirsty, feeling as if she was completely drained. "Wait! Nanaba! Gelgar! Ymir is a-" she tried to say, but Levi stopped her.

"I know," he said curtly. "I read the report,"

"Oh," it was all that she let out. He read the report , so he probably knew about the fury she experienced and how she killed almost every titan that was there. How much time had passed since it happened?

"You returned yesterday," he answered before she even managed to ask him about it. He knew her so well. "And you were sleeping till now," he answered another question.

"That's a lot," she mumbled awkwardly, scratching her head. She didn't know what to say nor where to start. It was making her feel anxious and frustrated at the same time, especially since she knew that some kind of explanation was expected if not from Levi than from Erwin and the rest. It was way easier to open up to Levi first. "How was it in the Stohess?" She changed the subject.

"Absolute shitshow," he replied. "Bitch tried to freeze Eren,"

"Freeze?" she asked, puzzled with his words.

"Yeah, it looks like ice. Hange called it a crystallization. Apparently they can harden themselves and create a stone-like material," he explained. "She'll tell you about it after she'll get a rest,"

"Don't tell me that she's been sleeping as long as I did," she chuckled, but noticed that there was something wrong. She frowned, seeing how serious his face was. "Levi?"

"There were more than one titan hiding in the 104th,"

"Yes, Ymir. I told you about it-"

"It wasn't only Ymir," he interrupted her again. "Braun and Hoover are Armored and Colossal,"

"What?!" she yelled and sat on the bed. She was shocked.

"Oi, lay," he instructed her as he pushed her back to the laying position. She wasn't going to object. She would always listen to her Levi, no matter how much she disagreed with him. Show him his place, the voice said and she acted accordingly right away.

"I want to sit," she said adamantly. She clearly surprised him, but he didn't comment on it, letting her do as she wanted. Who was he to deny her anything? She was his precious woman. Woman that for some unknown reason harmed herself. Woman that saved everyone despite her average skills. Maybe she wasn't as average as everyone had thought? She wasn't average for him anyway. He was okay with both versions. Alas, Erwin wanted to investigate it further. He knew it and she knew it as well. "When will Erwin see me?" She wanted to get over it as soon as possible and just rest with her Levi.

"He let me talk to you first," he said as he grabbed her hand and brushed her palm with his fingers, making her feel warm inside right away. "He lacks your part of the report, you know," he added just to calm her down. He brought her hand to his face and kissed it gently. She smiled involuntarily and soothed. She moved closer and pressed her cheek to his chest, listening to his heartbeat. It was a steady rhythm that was making her feel at peace.