8. Re-encounter

It was a lazy morning. Isabel was laying on the floor and trying to build a tower from the bottle caps to occupy her mind while Furlan and Sophie were sitting on a couch, just cuddling and enjoying the moment of peace because it never lasts long in their life. Especially since Levi went out to find some job for them. They were almost feeling bad for dumping that work on him, but he never complained about it on contrary to other things. It was a great opportunity for him to be alone, away from their happy little picture. These days he was really eager to go out and take care of it and whenever someone offered him their company he would decline. Well, he would decline if it was Furlan or Sophie. He was only willing to accept Isabel's presence around. At first Furlan was afraid that it would make Sophie mad again at Isabel and furthermore cause another arguments between Levi and her, but nothing like that happened. Ever since she let Isabel call her by her diminutive name things got better between the two girls. He even started wondering if it was his accomplishment? If his girlfriend healed her sexual frustration that night and that helped her to let go bad feelings towards Issy? It was one of his guesses but he accepted that he won't ever find out what actually changed. Sophie was too reserved, even with him, to talk about it. 

The only conflict that was still an ongoing problem in their household was between Sophie and Levi. Thankfully, they stopped snarling and snapping at each other but they were far from being on a good terms. They just chose to not talk with one another at all, avoiding each other's company at all costs. Mostly Levi was responsible for that, Sophie tried at first but got frustrated within two weeks and just chose to let it go, playing along with his attitude. It was tiresome but not as exhausting as it used to be.

The boredom in their house was stalling that day so Furlan gently untangled from Sophie's hug, sat cross-legged in front of Isabel and took a few bottle caps from her, lowering the tower she was building. It resulted in her pouting her lips. "You ruined it!" she cried out.

"Sorry, I just thought that maybe we can do something else with them" he smiled at her.

"Like what?"

"Can you play draughts?"

"Draughts?" she asked confusedly.

"What the hell are draughts?" Sophie also asked. It was the first time she heard about that game as well as Isabel.

"Here, let me show you. We place them like this" as he said it he put caps on the table, placing them in equal ranks from both sides. "And you move the figures to the front, trying to take over another player's figures. The person who is first to take all the figures from other person wins" he explained.

"It seems like fun" Isabel said.

"Yeah, I think so too" Sophie added.

"Maybe you want to play together? I can watch and teach you" he offered and they both nodded, sitting at both sides of the table. "Ready? Issy you go first" as he said it she moved one cap and then Sophie did the same. They thought it would be harder than it actually turned out.

"It's fun" Sophie smiled after two rounds which concluded in Furlan and Isabel's smile too. "Now you play with Issy" she moved to the side to give him space and he sat next to her. He put his arm on her shoulder, bringing her closer and pressing a few kisses on her forehead which made her giggle.

"Gross" Isabel said as she grimaced which only made them laugh. "Seriously, get a room you two"

"Hey, Issy. It's a normal thing" Furlan said as he moved his cap, taking over one of Isabel's figures.

"Exactly. When you'll get older you will want to do the same" Sophie added and frowned a little after that, thinking about something. "How old are you actually?"