Welcome To Joseon Falls - Part One

It was late at night as a small coach, pulled by horses, was driving through the shade of the forest. It was raining hard and the rain dripped against the window. Nobody was in the near if something would happen, nobody could save you if you get hurt. This area is hunted by monsters, the people sayed that visited a small town that was near this lonely and scary forest. This town was called Joseon Falls. A small town in Korea that owned more secrets than anybody could have. And each was waiting to be discovered. Joseon Falls wasn't famous, but the towns folk knew, that there were mysteries at each corner. Monsters, ghosts and even demons. Yes, demons, good and bad ones. The good were trying to protect their human and would always risk their own life. But if you met the bad sort... well, you better don't.

Something flashed in the near of the coach. But neither the driver or the two kids which sat silently in it saw the creature. The kids were twins, not older than twelve. Their names were Dipper and Mabel Pines. Those two were sent over the summer to spent three months at their great uncles tourist trap. They weren't special or important to the world. But without them, the prophecy that was made hundred-thousand years ago, could never come true...

~~~

Dipper leaned against the window. His sister Mabel was finally asleep. Not like he was annoyed of her, she's just a bit hyperactive, that's all. They were driving for hours now. But the silence was broken after the coach drove over a pothole.

"Mhm... Dipper? Do we already arrived?, " she asked him still half asleep.

"No. We're still in the coach."

"Ugh. I can't take this anymore! I need to do something!, " she started to jump up and down on her seet.

"Mabel! Stop this!"

"Can you two kids be a little more louder?, " the coacher asked annoyed.

"Oh... Ehm... Sorry."

"It's okay, kid," the driver's attention was again back on the street.

"Ehm... May I ask you a question?," the twelve-year-old boy stood up from his seat and went over to the driver.

"What now?"

"When do we arrive? We are now here for quite a long time."

"Listen, kid. I don't know how long we will drive, but what I do know is that it's not much further. And that I want to get out of here as fast as possible. To creepy for me. Are you two visiting someone?"

"Yes, our great uncle lives here. In a small town. Joseon Falls is the name, ever heard about that?"

That caught the coacher's attention and he looked at Dipper with serious eyes.

"Yeah, my friend once told me about it. He was a tourist and saw some things. Some things that you kid, better don't see. He told me that this town is haunted."

"Haunted?"

„Yes, haunted. Strange things happen here. People get missed or lose their minds. They lose memories or their sanity. There is a story about an scientist who came here to explore those mysteries with the help of a friend."

"And, what happened to them?"

"One day, the scientist just disappeared. Nobody knew where he was. And his friend lost his mind. He just went crazy a few months before the dissappearence of the scientist."

Dipper looked with horror in his eyes at the driver. He personally didn't belive in such stories. Or monsters, or haunted towns. But this story was different, and of course you don't want to hear some scary stories about the town in the middle of nowhere where you gonna spend the whole summer. Finally the driver understood what he just sayed to the young boy.