The Gobblewonker - Part One

The twins sat in the kitchen. Dipper reading one of the pergament rolls and Mabel eating dangos their Gruncle did for them.

"Hey Mabel, look at this."

Dipper showed his sister the newspaper and she looked through the page.

"A human-sized hamster ball? I am human-sized!"

"No. Not that," Dipper said and showed her the article next to the one Mabel was interested to.

"An unknown being was seen at the Joseon Falls lake? Town people say that it crashed their boats and discribe it as an huge fish swimming under the lake. Why are you showing me that?"

"We've seen stuff weirder than that! We could get famous if we prove that such monsters really exist! And the best thing about it, they do! We've seen Gnomes so why don't fish monsters exist?"

"I kept a beard hair from the a gnome. Do you think this will be enough?"

"Ugh," Dipper said a bit disgusted. "Why did you keep that?"

Mabel shrugged and kept on eating her dangos as Stanley entered the kitchen.

"Good morning knuckleheads!"

"Hey Gruncle Stan," the twins said at the same time.

"You do know what day it is?"

"Ehmm... Happy anniversary?," guessed Dipper.

Stanley punched Dipper's head with his hand.

"It's Family-Fun-Day, genius."

"Not again," Mabel said and flashbacks from the last Family-Fun-Day came back when their Great uncle forced them to fake money and they had to sit in the cold county jail for five hours.

"Not this time! We're gonna make something different!," he said and opened the shelf before taking the milk out and open it. "So, who wants to take on a blindfold and get into my coach?"

"Yes!," shouted Dipper and Mabel enthusiastic. "Wait, what?"

~~~

"We arrived! You can take your blindfolds off now."

After a clumsy ride, that costed the twins a few bruises, they finally arrived. Dipper and Mabel took off their blindfolds and a bright light blinded their eyes. After they got used to the sun, they noticed they were near the Joseon Falls lake. Exactly the place where the monster was seen. In front of them stood their Gruncle Stan and behind him a boat.

"TADA! It's fishing season!"

"Fishing?"

"What are you planning old man?"

"C'mon! I never had fishing-buddies before!"

"I think he actually wants to fish with us", said Mabel and looked at her brother who crossed his arms.

"Hey! I know what will cheer you sad-sacks up!"

Stan took two grey hats behind of his back and placed them on the twins heads. Dipper and Mabel took them of to look at them. Their names were fixed on them. With the exception that they were written wrong. Their Great uncle looked expectant at them. The kids both faked a smile, which made Stanley grin in response.

"Pines Family fishing hats! That's hand-stitching, you know. It's just gonna be you, me and those goofy hats on a boat for ten hours!"

"Ten hours!?", asked Dipper in an unbelievable tone.

"I brought the Joke-book!", Stan took a book out and showed it in front of the two children.

"No! NO!"