Dimension Traveller Twins - Part One

After the burn

Tad and Rubik sat in the living room silent.

They've been staring into nothing for hundred thousands of years.

They've been spending time with noone but themselves for hundred thousands of years.

Everybody they knew was dead.

Bo had killed them all.

They saw how their teacher was pushed to the ground. They saw how Bo had killed innocent civilians.

Rubik had to watch as Tad got wounded in the stomach.

He still remembered that.

There was blood everywhere.

He was sobbing as he tried to stop it but it would just never end.

Tad could have died.

The demon of reality had fled carrying his brother.

Only later did he realize Bill had been giving him endless calls.

But when Rubik called back nobody answered.

Tad blamed him, for his partner's death.

Rubik blamed himself too.

Although Rubik had helped Tad recover from the wound throughout the years, their relationship only seemed to shatter even more.

Out of all the people possible to survive, they were left with the one they hated the most.

Both thought about just leaving it all behind and start a new life by themselves, but they had noone left.

Nowhere else to go.

Nothing left but each other.

And so they both stayed.

Until someone knocked at the door.

At first both twins ignored it.

Not often but sometimes a traveller would spot Rubik's house, which was placed in the middle of nowhere.

They didn't knew what happened at the outside and quite frankly they couldn't care less.

Only after the new comer started to literally bang at the door did Rubik stand up madly, his color changing to red.

He really wasn't in the mood for it right now.

Without asking who it was he opened the door nearly making the visitor trip.

Rubik nearly fainted when his powers started kicking in.

He stood silent for a few moments, mouth open but not able to form words.

"Who's there?", Tad asked from the living room. He just wanted his peace at this point. The world might as well burn down he couldn't care less anymore even if he was gonna burn with it. So the person interrupting the silence better had a good fucking excuse.

"Rubik?", asked the visitor quietly. Soon his red into blue and yellow alongside it.

The demon of reality hugged his partner as he started to sob into her shoulder.

He never ever had been so happy to see her.

To be honest, Kryptos didn't expect for Rubik to be at the point of a break down where he would cry into her shoulder.