Irrational Treasure - Part Two

(A/N: forget everything I said about China so far pls I just found out the Joseon Dynasty was in Korea lol)

~~~

Dipper and Mabel were running around the town, exploring the new things.

Before they left, Tad gave them some money appropriate for the 21st century so they could get themselves something.

After stopping at the nearest convenience store and buying a bag of doritos they were fooling around in front of the statue of Nathaniel Northwest.

Mabel put some doritos on her ears pretending those were earrings.

"Dipper! How do I look?", she put her hair behind her ears so her brother could get a better look.

Pretending to think he watched her.

"Like an immature child"

The twins turned around and saw a familiar blonde approaching. Dipper was groaning when Pacifica was standing in front of them in her, probably fake, designer clothes. So he took his journal out, turning the pages, pretending like he couldn't see her,

"Hi Pacifica!", Mabel waved at her. She still didn't give up the thought on maybe befriending her because deep down the brunette believed the rich was a good a person.

"You want some doritos?", she shoved the bag in front of the blonde.

Pacifica made a disgusting face.

"I pass."

"Your loss", Mabel stuffed her mouth with more doritos.

"What are you even doing here? Aren't you like supposed to be with your fake friends or something?", Dipper eyed her suspiciously up and down.

Pacifica rolled her eyes and scoffed at him.

"Rubik said it would be good to hang out with you. And though I usually don't question him, I have my doubts seeing how ridiculous you are", she pointed at Mabel's earrings.

She quickly covered them now embarrassed.

"You can leave then. Only because you're related to the town founder doesn't mean you can treat everyone like trash", Dipper pointed out.

For a split second Mabel had the feeling that Pacifica was considering if she should just leave or not. Frowning to herself she sat besides Mabel and kept quiet, not giving an answer to the boy.

After some awkward silence Dipper stopped turning the pages, squinting his eyes and reading quickly over the words.

"Hey there stands something about your great great grandfather", he said towards Pacifica. The girls turned their heads to him waiting so he would continue.

"In my investigations-", he started faking his voice, trying to sound old like the author probabaly was, but stopped looking at his sister.

"Should I do the voice?"

Mabel closed one eye and gave him a sign he shouldn't do that. Pacifica agreed with her on that.

"Alright", Dipper cleared his throat and continued. "In my investigations I recently made a discovery: Nathaniel Northwest may not be the founder of Joseon Falls."

His sister gasped besides him. The blonde furrowed her eyebrows.

"I believe the proof of this secret is buried somewhere on the inclosed document", he took the piece of paper that was glued to the page and examined it. "If only I could crack the code."

"This is ridiculous", The rich spat.

Dipper opened the paper and looked at the weird signs scribbled on it.