The Gobblewonker - Part Four

"Have we already arrived?"

Tad and Mabel were walking through the forest for a long time now. Mabel was asking the same question for the seventh time and Tad was trying not to get mad at his human.

"Shooting Star, no, we haven't arrived yet. Could you please stop asking me this over and over again?"

"Sorry."

They walked silently next to each other before reaching a dead end.

"Seriously?", Mabel sighted heavily and looked at her demon who was thinking hard. After a minute or two he finally raised his head. "If we take an other way, than it would take too long or we could get lost. We have to climb it. Or better to say I will climb it and you will sit on my shoulder."

Mabel nodded happily before jumping on the demon who nearly fall but could get his balance back in time.

"Hold on tight", he said before starting to climb up the cliff. Mabel pressed herself against Tad who's face got redder and redder with each step he took.

Mabel didn't look down knowing how far from the ground she was. Meanwhile Tad got weaker through the sheep of the cliff and the weight of the girl. C'mon, it isn't like you never did such things, he thought. He didn't, it was always Bill who carried the humans. Even though Tad was smart, Bill was still stronger. Lost in thoughts, nearly at the end, he didn't noticed where he stepped and his feet slipped up. Mabel's grip tightened around Tad's neck and he threw his hands to get some sort of support as Mabel screamed and they were about to fall down.

(A/N: With "Bill is stronger than Tad" I mean he is physically stronger than him. That doesn't mean that he has more power or magic. That's all. Back to the story)

~~~

Dipper and Bill walked slowly through the forest while Bill made different jokes and told him more about demons as Dipper begged him to do so.

"You see, in demon culture it isn't natural that the parents raise their children. There is a possibility that they meet one day because we are immortal, but they are something like strangers to each other."

"And the parents are fine with this?"

"Not always, but mostly. I knew a guy once, we were good friends in school, he had to leave his two kids but couldn't handle it so he tried to fill the hole through raising his human."

"What happened to him?"

"What do you mean? Nothing happened. He stayed with his human and Tad checked up for the kids since he had compassion with the guy. I visited them too once, the boy is like a fusion between his father and uncle while the girl reminds me of nobody I know. But they're still both scared of me so Tad told me not to come ever again."

"Why did you two visit them? Couldn't the guy do it on his own?"

"Not really. He didn't know where they were and didn't want to find out. It was enough for him to leave them. He would break if he saw them again."

"Who made those rules?"

"Dunno. Society. Demons thought the kids should be independent and able to take care of themselve."

"What about your parents?"

Bill stood silent a bit shocked from that question apparently thinking how to answer. "My mother left. But my father stayed. And that was the reason why everybody hated him."

Dipper nodded like he always did when he noticed that Bill doesn't want to talk any more so he went silent and walked through the forest.

Bill then suddenly stopped with a concern look on his face. Dipper turned around as he saw that the demon looked into a completely other direction than before.