The Gobblewonker - Part Three

"Pine Tree"

Bill was shaking the twelve-year old who laid on the ground and haven't woken up yet.

"Pine Treeeeee"

Slightly annoyed the yellow demon started to shake his human even more.

"C'mon Pine Tree. We don't have time for this!", his voice sounded now harsher than it was moments ago.

Eventually Bill stopped and checked their surrounding once again instead. He looked at his human.

"Why are humans so weak? I'm in a meat sack too, but I'm still stronger in a physic form than in the Mindscape", he mumbled to himself. Than again he tried to use his power. Anything that could help. But as he expected, nothing came. Bill groaned before sliding down a nearby tree and sitting down. "I hope Tad is fine..."

Suddenly the boy started to cough. Bill jumped up and went to look at his human. Gladly Dipper wasn't hurt. Maybe a few bruises but nothing too serious. After a few other coughs he opened his eyes and looked into the face of his demon.

"Ahhh Pine Tree! You awake!", he greeted the boy happily.

"What happened?"

"You can say, we went on a swimming lesson. Haha."

Flashbacks floated back to Dipper's mind as he remebered the monsters sparkling eyes and how Bill threw him into the waterfall and he screamed. Dipper's eyes widened as realization hit him.

"ARE YOU INSANE?! I COULD HAVE DIED!!"

"Jeez kid, relax. It's not like I have just saved your life."

"SAVED MY LIFE?!"

Dipper screamed at Bill once more before the yellow demon covered his mouth.

"The Gobblewonker may still be around. Better you quit it", he pointed out and even if Dipper didn't like the idea he stopped shouting.

After the boy went silent, took Bill his hand away from the other's mouth. Dipper waited patiently for him to say anything but Bill just stood up instead and was about to leave for the dark and creepy forest.

"W-what? Where are you going? If we want to find Tad and Mabel we have to take the other way", the boy exclaimed and his demon stopped before turning around.

"Who said that we are going to search them?"

"But Tad was unconscious as we jumped. I don't think that he will go and search for us."

"He always does so! Trust me Pine Tree, I know Tad for a while now. We always do it that way! We go and search this old man and Floppy Disk and Shooting Star find us later. That's the plan!"

The boy sighted knowing complaining about that would be useless. "Alright. Can you use your magic to track Fiddleford somehow?"

The demon shook his head. "That's the problem. You remeber I couldn't attack the monster? Well, it was because of Tad. There are pros and contras in a partnership. The good thing is: demons that have a partner are powerfuller than those who don't have one. The bad thing is: if my partner is unconscious or not in the near, than my powers are useless because they don't work."

The brunette looked at his demon shocked. "Does that mean that you can't use any of your powers?"

"Exactly, Pine Tree."

"Does that mean that if the Gobblewonker shows up we are completly helpless?"

"Well, yes..."

"And you're telling me that only now?"