01 - one

══*

══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*══

"Those fucking Shelbys, Tommy and the oldest - fucking dumbasses, didn't even go to school properly" one man laughed. Esther leaned at the corner lighting herself a cigarette.

"But the two sluts, Ada and Esther, would pound them real good any day" the other chuckled. She had heard enough. No one was allowed to talk about her siblings like this. She sighed as she moved her hand through her hair and puffed some smoke.

"You better shut your motherfucking mouths before I pound your sorry asses with the barrel of my gun" she growled as she stepped forward, away from the corner.

"Miss Shelby, we didn't-"Of course you didn't. If I see you in Small Heath ever again, I'll hang you myself" she spat. The two man cowarded in fear as she took a few steps towards them. She puffed some more smoke before they turned around and left the woman alone, regretting what they had joked about.

⌞  •°•❀•°• ⌟

The Garrison was packed, once again. Ever since the war had ended, all of the left over men spent every second they could throwing down drinks.

Esther kicked the door open, her gun still clutched in her right hand. "God, Esther! Put that gun down" Harry, the bartender, yelled as he saw the girl stomp into his bar. "Be quiet, Harry. Get me a whiskey" she yelled back as she walked right to the small room next to the entrance.

Her brothers were there. Tommy, John and Arthur in particular. She didn't knock, why would she. Esther didn't give a shit.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Tommy spoke sternly. She didn't look at him, too annoyed by his annoyed face. "I'm getting a drink. Ah, thank you, Harry!" She smiled a bit before she took the drink out of Harry's hand. "No problem" he mumbled.

"And why the hell are you running around with your gun out?" Tommy was quite annoyed. She could tell. "Now mind your fucking tone, little brother" she laughed before she threw the whole glass down her throat.

It burned itself into her throat, giving her a small second of pain. She rolled her eye "There were some idiots-"You shoot'em?" Arthur interrupted her. She shook her head with a small chuckle "Didn't. I threatened them" she sighed.

John reached for Esthers back of cigarettes as she slapped his hand away "You promised to buy me a new pack last week, you thief. I ain't giving you any more" she pointed at him.

"What did they say?" Tommy asked. He sat there, calmly. Looking like calmness himself. "What?" Esther looked at her younger brother confused. "What did they say?" He asked again, drinking the rest of his drink.

"Called you lot dumbasses" she began. Arthur huffed and lit another cigarette for himself "That's surely not the only thing" he encouraged her to continue. Eyebrows raised at his little sister.