18 - eighteen

══*

══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*══

The water streamed in a comforting manner, in one direction and in one direction only. It calmed her down, even though it's the place her mother had killed herself, the place she left her children to fend for themselves.

The air swooshed through her hair, making her close her eyes. "Stop standing there like a creep and take a seat." she spoke, her older brother shuffling towards her. "You have a sixth senth, i swear to god." he cursed. Esther only gave him a small smile.

"The granny next door could hear you shuffling down here like an elephant, Arthur." she chuckled. He only shook his head and sat himself next to his sister. "What takes you here?" Esther spoke into the silence. He brother sighed and looked at her. "The war in my head." he whispered, hands dropping to his lap.

"I did something horrible." he exclaimed. Esther turned to look at her brother, eyebrows furrowing. "What?" she tried. He finally looked at her, eyes watering as he tried to tell her what had happened. "I killed a kid." he whispered, hair falling over his face.

Esther was taken aback, she knew her brother had anger issues, that was no secret but, killing a child? "I forgot myself in the boxing ring." He carried on, a sob leaving his mouth. "I wasn't myself, i only realised when it was too late." He finished, his hands shaking. "I'm a monster." Esther didn't know what to do, she had never witnessed her brother fall apart like this.

He was sensitive, way more destroyed than Thomas but she never saw him like this. He was a broken mess, desperatly trying to pick up the pieces.

But for who's sake? For his or the people around him?

The war hit Arthur a tad worse than her other two brothers. Thomas confided in her, telling his sister what was going on in his head. He tried to conseal what he had seen and what it was doing to him, seeming undestroyable on the outside. John very rarely spoke about it. He played hard but she was sure that his nights were plagued with nightmares.

"You're no monster, Arthur."

His head whipped to her, eyes wide. He didn't understand, how could she not shy away? "If one of us was to be a monster, it would be me, no?" she chuckled, gaze fixing on the little river in front of them. "I shot a man intentionally and didn't feel a bit of remorse." she looked him in the eyes.

"Rest assured, brother" she sighed, leaning her head on his shoulder. The fish in the water swimming down the small stream of water, not worrying about a single thing.

"I'll be the monster"

⌞ •°•☽ ☾•°• ⌟

Esther found herself, once again, in Thomas' car. Arthur, who sat next to her, held a lit match to the tip of her cigarette. "Thanks" she whispered before taking a drag of her cigarette, eyelids falling shut as she enjoyed the air whipping through her hair.

"Come on." Arthur nudged her, making her follow them out of the car. Esther had heard of this neighbourhood. It's a nice neighbourhood, a fucking nice neighbourhood. Of course, Thomas had bought Polly a house here, to wash his money. She didn't mind, her aunt derserved a house in this neighbourhood.

Arthur and John goofed around, yelling something about cowboys and Digbeth Kid. "Fuckin' children" Thomas mumbled as he threw his done cigarette to the ground. Arthur opened the door without knocking, no manners in the man.

"Aunt Polly? Sorry for just coming in, Arthur doesn't know-" Esther stopped herself as she caught sight of the boy sitting on her sofa. "Micheal." She almost whispered. She didn't know if he'd take the offer, if his mother would allow him to leave. A small part of her knew that he would've left his adoptive family no matter what, he would've found his was back to his mother no matter what his little show mother said, he was a Blinder after all.

"Have i tought you lot no manners?" Polly cursed as she patted Micheals knee, lifting herself off the sofa. "Micheal, these are your cousins." She waved towards us, Arthur and John staring in confusion. Arthur lit himself a cigarette and sat down next to Micheal, shoulders shrugging as he blew a cloud of smoke through his bearded mouth.

"Cousins, your cousin Micheal Gray" she smiled, eyes glossy. Esther was the second to move. She walked passed the boy, followed by Thomas and patted his shoulder. "Good seeing you again, Mike" his eyebrows scrunched as he looked her up and down. "What happened to you?" He nodded towards her bruised arms and legs. Her brothers and Polly froze for a second as her smile fell and she swallowed. "Long story." Esther huffed as she reached for the cigarette Tommy was about to take his first drag from.

He rolled his eyes and pulled a new one from his pack. "So you're a Blinder now?" John changed the subject. Polly turned him with her eyebrows furrowed in anger. "No he's not!" John raised his arms in defense as she barked at him. Esther only tilted her head to the side, watching her aunt. Micheal seemed eager, almost too eager. Polly was too scared to let go of the boy, understandably.

"So, he's not?" Arthur questioned with his eyebrows raised. Polly gave him a mean look, hands crossed as he avoided her gaze. "It's for Micheal to decide" Thomas said, taking a drag from his cigarette. "Maybe you should go back to the little pretty village and live a normal life?" Esther questioned with her legs crossed as she rested her head against Tommys hip who stood right next to her.

Micheal shook his head, closing his eyes to sigh. "In my village, there's this little wishing well. It's made of white bricks, right in the middle of the village green." He paused, Esthers eyebrows furrowed, questioning where in hell this was going. "Everybody says how pretty it is. But I swear to God, if I spend another day in that village, I'm going to blow it up with dynamite. Probably blow my hands off with it, but it will be worth it. Just to see all those pretty white bricks spread over the pretty green village."

There's the typical Shelby attitude. He was one of them, no denying.

"You're a fucking Blinder, alright." Esther chuckled, oblivious to Pollys worried look. A undescribable horrible feeling building in her aunts throat, well aware it's too late to change.

══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*══

it's been over a month, sorry babes. life is tiring