10 - ten

══*

══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*══

On her third day up and absolutely now sleep she found herself in the Garrison. Harry kept refilling her glass with some good gin as she stared at the bottles behind him. "Esther, come." Tommy called for her. Her exhausted eyes found her brothers face as he opened the door to the small room next to the entrance.

"You should sleep a little, you look like death." He pointed at her and she nodded a bit. "Shut up and give me one." He opened the pack of cigarettes for her and she pulled herself one. She took a sip from her glass as he lit her cigarette. "So, what do you want with me?"

Tommy nodded and pulled a small calender from his pocket. He drew a small black star on it and pointed at it. "That's the Black Star Day." Esther sighed. "And what is the Black Star Day?" He puffed some smoke and continued talking. "That's the day we'll take the Kimber out."

Suddenly she was bright awake. "You want to kill Kimber?" he nodded. "I'm too tired to play the wise one right now." she sighed and stood up. "We'll talk about this later." He hummed and handed Esther her glass, which she quickly downs. "I'll visit Irene." Tommy looked at her. "She'll be fine." She gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before leaving. "I hope" she whispered to herself.

⌞  •°•☽ ☾•°• ⌟

Esther stood in front of her room, she had to take a breath. She opened the door to Irene's room, the smell of desinfectant reaching her nose. The flowers she had in her hand were her favourites. Irene loved lilac tulips. She put them down on the small table inside the room. "Hi there, i brought you some flowers." she spoke. Irene was still unconscious, she knew that.

"You need to wake up, please." She spoke as she put her hair in place. "Ada gave birth to a boy. His name is Karl." She said quietly as she leaned her head onto Irene's bed, head facing her best friend. "My father is back, he's messing with Arthur." She liked the quiet, everything was alright at the moment. Esther closed her eyes for a moment. "Please wake up." She whispered before she slipped in a well needed nap.

Esther opened her eyes, her hands touched the damp earthy ground as she tried to make out any shapes in the slight light the dawn provided. Everything was blurry, her hot breath was the only thing visible for her. She pushed herself to her feet as she tried to see something, eyes squinted. She took a few steps just to stumble over something. "ah." She exclamed as she fell to the dirty ground.

The thing was, she didn't stumble over something but rather someone. As she looked behind herself her breath hitched. There laid Tommy, his skull cracked open and face bruised and drained of all blood. Suddenly she saw Arthur next to him, throat slit and his shirt soaked in blood. Next to him laid Ada and her baby, Karl, with bulletwounds in the chest.

Right next to Ada laid Polly who had a dead Finn tight in her arms. Behind Polly laid John along his family in a pool of blood. Esther couldn't breathe, her hands started to shake as she walked towards Tommy's body. She fell to her feet as she caressed her brothers beaten face.

Suddenly someone grabbed her hair and pulled her head back, making her look in Chester Campbells face. He held a handfull of hair in his grasp as he gave her a nasty grin.

"Scared yet?" he spoke.

Without notice he let go of her head, making her fall back down to the ground. Campbell let go of the hair he had in his hand, it fell behind Esther with a loud thud. In the matter of a second it struck her like lightning, it wasn't just hair he was holding. He had a whole head in his hand. With wide eyes and rapid breathing she craned her head to the source of the previous sound.

She prayed for it not to be what she thought it was. It seemed to happen in slow motion as she stared at her best friends severed head.

All of a sudden she snapped awake, her breathing labored and her hands shaky. "Sorry to wake you so harshly, but i tried to wake you a few time now, Miss." Esther tried to calm her breath. Her heart was racing. "You need to leave, visiting hours are over." She stood up and nodded.

"How late is it?" she spoke quietly. The nurse checked her wristwatch and answered in a heartbeat. "Eight pm, Miss" Esther nodded once again and snatched her jacket off of the chair next to the small table. She halted a moment as she looked at the tulips which were now in a water filled vase.

⌞  •°•☽ ☾•°• ⌟

Esther decided to collect Arthur from his unofficial boxing ring, he must be as hungry as a horse. She strolled to the back of the barn, which was the entrance for everyone who knew what Arthur was doing here usually. She pried the rusty door open and huffed slightly. "Arthur, let's go-"Arthur!" she yelled as she saw her older brother hang.

He hung there like a ragdoll, by his throat. "Arthur! No, no." she pleaded as she tried to lift him by his feet but he was too heavy. He weighed two times the amount Irene does and she already struggled like hell trying to carry her dying friend to rescue. "Please, Arthur don't die on me."

Suddenly the rope snapped and he fell ontop of her. Esther struggled to shrug her older brother off of herself. In a matter of seconds he started to cough voilently. She sighed as she closed her eyes in relief. The thought of her older brother killing himself made her dizzy. With tears in her eyes she slung her arms around her brother.

"Esther?" he whispered, his throat scratchy and dry. "Yes, it's me you fucking idiot." she scolded him. "How could you even think of doing this?" She held his head in her hands as she engulfed him in another hug. "You can't leave me alone in this." She paused as she patted his back.

"I need my big brother, you asshole."

══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*══