05 - five

═══*

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

Esther's head hurt, the alcohol still resided in her brain. „I told you not to drink so much" Irenes voice rang through Esther's head like the brash sound of the local church bells. Even though God had left this place a long time ago.

„Quiet, please" she begged. Irene placed a cup of coffee in front of Esther with a giggle. The still drunk woman rubbed her eyes and yawned. „We have to speak about what you did" Irene chimed.

Esther's eyes focused on the brewing liquid, trying to find the right words to say. „I killed a man" she paused, a great way to explain oneself. „And I didn't hate it" Irene sighed and took a bite of her croissant.

„You enjoyed it, Esther" Esther's head tilted in an agreeing manner. She couldn't lie to Irene, she knew her too well. "It does something to me." She paused. "It makes me feel alive" Irene stayed silent, not knowing what to say to that.

She didn't hate what the Shelbys did or what they were, she had known Esther her whole life, as did she know the whole family and their way of living. They protected her and assured her a comfortable life. Their collective damaged selves didn't scare her.

"You should go home, they're probably looking for you" Esther scoffed, sipping her coffee. "My brothers? They're probably furious." She looked up, locking her eyes with Irene "That bastard was an IRA member"

⌞ •°•❀•°• ⌟

Esther walked down the streets of Small Heath, the stinking smell of piss and cigarettes burning itself in her nose.

She checked twice before she walked up the stairs, she wouldn't like Tommy or Polly to catch her, not right now. Up the stairs and in her room she let herself fall into her bed. It felt like a camp bed but it felt like home.

A knock on her door caught her attention. "Dear Mother-" she mumbled. "It's me" Ada's voice filled the silence. "Thank god" Esther opened the door and let her little sister in. She plopped herself onto Esther's bed.

"Where have you been all night?" The older one rolled her eyes. "I was at Irenes" Ada sighed and crossed her legs "Tommy and Polly are furious" Esther sat herself down next to Ada "An IRA member was shot dead last night" she stated.

Esther sighed "And you think it was me?" Ada gave her a look. "Wouldn't be the first time" Esther huffed in amusement. "I can't believe that you think it was me" Ada raised her hands in defense, no word was spoken for a few minutes.

"Was it you?" Esther sighed "Yes" Ada jumped off the bed, furious. "Shit! Esther" she paced around the room "I don't- god why!?" She yelled.
Esther leaned back, falling back on her bed. "You know why" Ada sighed and sat back down next to her. "You'll have to tell Tommy, the police is after the Blinders"