25 - twenty five

══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*══

The wedding was nice, almost enjoyable. The dress she was forced to wear by Polly was quite comfortable but the nest her aunt had built on top of her head annoyed her more. The pins and clips itched on her scalp and the scorching heat in the main hall made her sweat.

Her feet took her outside for a smoke, where the cold night air cooled her hot skin. The smoke filled her lungs and a deep sigh left her mouth.

"It's full of gypsies and blacks" she heard someone whisper, her head swung to the side. She tried to make out the faces of the people standing to her right, the light of inside illuming their faces just a little bit.

"What a waste for our dear Marianne" a man responded. Esthers eyebrow raised and she bit the inside of her mouth to make the anger disappear. She noticed Isiah stepping outside, his chin raising in her direction with a smirk on his face. A little smile made it's way on her face. "At least she's not with one of those, imagine the muddied blood."

Her gaze grew cold as she noticed Isiah's face fall. The poor boy stood there, confused what was happening. Esther picked at her hair once more before taking a breath and stepping to the people next to her. She threw an arm over the mans shoulder with a small smirk on her face. "You know what? You might need some new blood in that family of yours. Looks to me like your parents were siblings, you ugly fuck."  a small chuckle left her mouth as she retreated her arm. She looked them up and down before spitting at their feet. "Fucking racist assholes" she spoke, her hand finding Isiah's as she lead him down the stairs towards the garden.

⌞ •°•❀•°• ⌟

Arthur's questionable best man speech forced Esther to do her best to hold back her laughter, her head burried in Isiah's shoulder as Tommy did his absolute best to cover up the verbal mess his older brother had created. Isiah had to force himself to hold his laughter as well, his face was contorted with a wide smile as he held her in his arms.

"Goodness gracious." she heard Polly mumble.

As the main course was served, Esther swirved the wine in her glass and caught the eyes of the man she insulted an hour ago. Her gaze was hard and unforging as she sipped her wine and raised her hand to carass the back of Isiah's head and giving him a warm smile.

"Thank you for standing up for me back there." He spoke, barely audible. Esther shook her head and swatted his thank you away with a small chuckle. "No need to thank you, it was the bare minimum." Isiah smirked and nodded at her. "Those people aren't used to someone who doesn't suck up to them and their unbarable views. It was about time someone shut them up."

Isiah didn't argue and just carassed her back with small smile on his face.

⌞ •°•❀•°• ⌟

Esther sat alone, the table she sat at was empty. She watched her family speak to strangers, smiling and making jokes, something she couldn't understand. Marianne was a nice person, unskilled and innocent. She was a very pretty person, a beautiful body, unlike Esthers marked and blemished one. Neither was she mean or unkind in any way, someone you could simply not dislike. The problem wasn't Marianne, obviously. It was her family, they were unmistakably assholes.

Her brother caught her eye as he talked to Marianne as they danced, for a split second he looked the other way, to Polly. Something was going on and she had no clue what it was and she didn't like it. Esther made her way toward her brother and gently placed her hand on her sister-in-law's shoulder, a small smile on her face. "Could i borrow your groom for a moment?" Marianne gave her a smile and sighed in relief. "I needed to use the restroom for quite some time anyways, take your time." She gave Esther a small pat on the shoulder and took off.

Esther took Marianne's place and started to dance with her brother. He staid silent and waited for his sister to start talking. "What the fuck is going on, Tommy?" she spoke quitely. He looked at her and tried to feign innocence. 

"I swear to god, Thomas. If you don't tell me what is going on without me knowing, I'll skin you alive right here. You exchanged looks with Polly a moment ago, what was that about? And don't you dare give me a cheap excuse."

Tommy sighed and took Esthers hand in his as he led them outside "Not here" he whispered.

He leaned against the railing as he lit himself a cigarette, Esther did the same. The smoke filled her lung as he sighed again and finally spoke, not looking at her.

"I'm delivering guns to the Whites for Churchill." He said, short and crisp. Adrenalin filled her veins as she stared at her brother in the dim light. "What the fuck?" she spoke. "The fucking Russians?" she took a step towards him and conected her palm with the back of his head. "You're doing business with the White fucking Russians, you motherfucking idiot?"

He tried to shield his head as she kept hitting him. "I can't believe you said yes to such a risky and absolutely shitty deal you absolute monkey." 

He shook his head as he caught hand before she could his him again. "Wasn't my choice." he spoke with a defeated sigh as he took another drag of his cigarette. Ester huffed as a defeated chuckle left her painted lips. "He has something on you, doesn't he?" The small nodd confirmed her assumption. "What-You know what? I don't even wanna know." she averted her gaze and looked down the balcony. "You should've told me." she took a drag of her almost finished cigarette. "I'm the last person to throw you under the bus, Tommy. To leave me in the dark was unfair and mean. That hurt, Tom." she stomped on the cigarette bud and took off, leaving her brother on the balcony.

⌞ •°•❀•°• ⌟

Loud voices woke Esther, she heard her brothers arguing. She put clothes on and made her way down the stairs of Tommys massive mansion. "What the fuck is going on here?" She spoke as she saw her brothers arguing. Thomas and Arthur looked distressed and anxious as their wide eyes found hers. "Go back to sleep." Tommy spoke as he waved at her and she shook her head.

"No fucking way, what the fuck are you two so stressed about?" Arthur wanted to tell her, he really wanted to but Thomas was faster and put a hand on his chest. "Thomas, you can't keep all of this from me." she spoke, getting closer to him. "They're not nice to women." he tried. "Has a men ever been nice to me?" she chuckled as she patted his arm. "I'm hard to kill, little brother." "Kaledin isn't" Arthur spoke.

"What?" Esther's eyebrows furrowed and she cocked her head to the side as she waited for further elaboration. "Thomas want's me to cut the fockin' fake russian and i really don't wanna'." he spoke, almost like a toddler trying to explain why his brother took his toy.

A smirk made it's way on Esther's face. "No-I'll do it." she spoke. "Absolutely not." Her eyes fixated on the roof for a moment, trying to collect her thoughts. 

"I don't know who you think i am for you to suddenly try to hold me out of shit. I'm not your dear Marianne, i'm not a weak little woman who needs protection from all the dangers on this earth. I'm the same woman who took the bullet for you when you had your stare down with Kimber. I'm the same woman who chased down her ex and slaughtered him like a pig." A chuckle escaped her lips. "I'm a fucking murderer, Thomas." he stared at her in absolute disbelief. The way she just accepted it. How confident she grew with what made her her, scared him. No, it terrified him.

She pat his chest and looked at her older brother. "Where's this fake russian now?"

══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*══