26 - twenty six

══*

══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*══

warning (explicit content, gore & basically murder)

The blade was light, sharp and fit in her hand like a glove. Calling herself a murderer might've been a bit much, she knew. It wasn't too long ago that she cowered in fear of what she was capable of. The fact that taking someone else's life ignited a wildfire in her veins was hard to explain and might've sounded weird but what wasn't weird and unacceptable for women in particular?

"You sure about this?" Arthur tried. Tommy leaned against the doorframe and watched his siblings with a cigarette in his hand. "You're not drooling yet? You seem awfully excited to cut the russian." Thomas spoke, obviously disapproving of what his sister was about to do. "I'm not some psychotic maniac, Thomas. Thank you very much." She sighed and rolled her eyes. "You want this lad dead, don't you?" He nodded and blew out some smoke. "I do, but Arthur was supposed to, Es. Not you."

Esther pushed the weapon in Athurs hand and walked over to Thomas. "What is your fucking problem, Tom?" he sighed and averted her gaze. "You shouldn't be so deep in the bus-"There would be no business without me." she shook her head and pushed him slightly. "I was in the business before you ran your first arrand, you wanker." she pushed him again. "I was the business while you blokes went to war!" she pushed him again.

Tom stayed where he was and just looked at her. "I'm not takin' this whole-" she airquoted what she said next "- tryin' to protect me bullshit." He sighed and shook his head. "What is the reason for you not treating me the same, something is going on, Tom!"

"Marianne-Marianne!?" she interrupted her brother. Her eyes grew cold as she had to chuckle. "She thinks that women have no business in the blinders. She's just lookin' out for ya'." Esther had to blink for a second, fury filled her body. "Tell your little princess that i don't care what she thinks. I'm as much a blinder as Arthur, Fin or even you." Her finger jabbed in his chest as her face grew scary, so scary that Thomas forgot to take a drag from his cigarette.

"I know you're the head of the snake but we all know who's the scariest one." a smirk made itself onto her face, eyes finding his. "So tell little Marianne that this was the last thought she had regarding the Peaky Blinders. She's not one of us so her opinion doesn't hold any value here, understood?"

Tom stood infront of her at loss of words. He had heard her talk like this before, but never at him.

She turned around without waiting for a response and snatched the weapon from Arthurs hand. "Show me." she spoke, her brother was quick to show her the way. Their walk was short, her body almost flew over the shiny marble as the anger filled her veins.

How could his cunt of a wife have any opinion regarding the Blinders? She had no right to even think about women having no place, she wasn't the first to think that way and surely not the last. Disappointment flayed inside her chest as she followed her brother. How could Marianne think that way for that she had liked her quite a bit. Fuck Marianne, then.

Arthur opened a door for her, the hinges creeking as the wood moved. There she could see the man, her victim to be slaughtered tonight. "Any questions for him to answer?" Esther asked, her grip on the knife tightening as she stepped into the dimly lit room. The man was bound to a chair, his mouth was shut with a white cloth shoved inside. His chest heaved as his eyes fixed onto Esther and the knife she was holding.

"You wanna stay here?" she asked as she took a few steps towards the russian. He tried to tug at the ropes which held him bound to the chair in front of her. Grunts escapted his stuffed mouth. The door creaked open once more and she saw her brother enter the room as he leaned against the dark cabinet next to the door. Both men stayed to see what she would do, the act too intruiging to not actually take a look.

"Should i cut his throat or does a stab to let him bleed out suffice?" She asked, not looking at Thomas. "Do what ya' like." he spoke, hands crossed on his leg as he watched her. She rolled her eyes and grabbed a fist full of the mans hair and forced it back, his eyes grew big as his eyes met hers. "Bye bye." she whispered with a mocking pout on her face. The fingers of the hand she held the weapon with wiggled in a goodbye at him.

With a quick movement she dragged the blade across the mans throat. His blood sprayed like fountan, coating her face as she watched the life leave his body. He proceeded to drown in his own blood as he coughed voilently for a few seconds, then a comforting silence filled the room. Esther sighed as she let go of the now dead mans hair.

She walked to her brothers and held the knife out for Arthur to take, her other hand was held out for Tom to give her a cigarette. "A woman like Marianne couldn't do something like this." she stated before puffing out some smoke and taking off.

⌞ •°•❀•°• ⌟

She walked back, one feet after the other one. The smoke filled her lungs as she dragged herself further. As she reached the staircase she heard little Charles whine, Marianne trying to soothe him. Marianne, oh Marianne.

Her chest felt so heavy as she rubbed her eyes, blood pooling in her eye. A grunt left her mouth as her vision faltered. Her head felt light and her limbs so so heavy. She could hear her brothers catching up to her, Arthur telling Thomas something she couldn't quite make out.

Her head spun and within seconds her body gave out. A quick "Fuck." escaping her lips as her face conected with the carped covered marble stairs. Good riddance, she guessed.

══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*══