11 - eleven

thank u sm for 8k reads :)

══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*══

Esther woke in her bed, immersed deeply in her covers as the sun tickled her face. A few voices woke her completely. With a huff she opened her eyes fully. She sat up and closed her eyes once more.

Life seemed messier than ever before. So much shit happened in the past weeks and the Peaky Blinders stood on the brink of a war Tommy is ready have. Esther got dressed and made her way downstairs. Polly and Arthur sat at the table, Finn played on the floor next to them.

"Good morning, or should i say good afternoon?" Polly chuckled. Esther smiled a bit. "I needed that" Polly nodded and poured her a cup of coffee. Arthur was quiet, awfully quiet. Polly placed the cup infront of Esther and sat herself back down. "What happened?" Esther asked.

"Don't want to talk about it." He countered, but Esther knew. She knew quite well why her older brother tried to take his own life. Arthur still had this imagine of their father in his mind which died a long time ago. The moment the police stood in the doorway to tell us the devistating news, he changed. He put little Finn down and never picked him up again. Mum took our father with her that day.

"Alright, but don't think this is the end of it." Esther made her way to the front door, grabbing her jacket in the process. She was mad at Arthur. He talked to her, always but since their father barged in and threw Arthur off track he didn't speak, he kept it in. As she strolled down the streets towards the Garrison she rumaged through her pockets just to find a new pack of cigarettes, Tommy must've slipped it in.

"Esther! Good to see your face again." Harry cheered, making Esther smile a bit. "It's good to see you too, Harry" Harry's face twisted in confusion. Esther Shelby has never been this silent, so apathetical. "Since when're you so tame? What's up with you?" Harry started again, placing a glass of gin in front of the woman. "First of all, I'm not tame and i'll never be." She smirked.

"A lot happened. Irene is still in the hospital and Tommy is starting shit I'm not sure he'll be able to handle." Esther sighed, Harry huffed as well. "Irene, ah, the small one with the nice smile." Esther nodded. "Right, heard about that" He sighed "Sorry, I hope she'll be fine." he polished another glass as he continued. "I'm sure Tommy'll be fine. He's got you lot and all of the Peaky Blinders behind him." Esther nodded and drank the last bit of her drink.

"See ya." Harry waved her goodbye before Esther walked down the streets of Small Heath. "Esther!" John slung an arm around his sisters shoulders, a small smirk on his lips. "Familly meeting." He said and they were on their way.

⌞  •°•☽ ☾•°• ⌟

Esther sat next to Polly as Thomas made his way into the betting shop, Ada behind him with baby Karl in her arms. Esther gave her a small smile before Polly started speaking. "What's going on?" Thomas leant himself on a table as he lit a new cigarette for himself. "We've been fucking betrayed." he spoke, words laced with anger. Esthers eyebrows furrowed as Tommy spoke. "One of the Blinders spoke." he said. Esther scoffed before standing up. She made her way over to Tommy and took a match of his. "The little private room at the Garrison isn't exactly sound proof, Tom."