23 -twenty three

══*

══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*══

The pain subsided a bit as Esther listened to Thomas explaining what was about to happen. He turned the engine off as she opened her eyes, taking a breath and getting ready to meet Alfie Solomons.

"You good to hold through this?" Thomas asked her, hand on her shoulder. She nodded and some blood from her eye. "I'm fuckin' great." she said, spitting more blood to the ground. "Let's get this over with."

Esther followed her brother inside. She lit a cigarette and kept walking until Alfie made it into her vision. "Thomas fuckin' Shelby and his, holy shit, what happened to you sweetheart?" Alfie stood in front of her, hands raised as he took a good look at her. "Coppers, that's what happened." She cursed as she took another drag from her cigarette. "Fuckin' hell. To touch a woman, let alone such a pretty little thing as you, fuckin' shame."

She nodded and leaned against the wall Alfie patted her shoulder. "You want somethin'?" Esther nodded. "Rum." Alfie smiled and nodded. "Fuckin' Rum it is." he laughed and made someone get some.

"What's this about, Alfie?" She asked, her brother watching the two silently. "Well sweetheart, here you go." he handed her the glass and took a step back to give her some space. Esther downed the liquid at once and put the glass down on the chair next to her. "The thing is, i've kinda' had it with ya brother, you know."

"I want ya' business, all of it." he spoke, Esther's eyebrows furrowed as she listened to Alfie talk. She was confused. Alfie and Tom got along quite well, didn't they? But as she heard, Alfie has no friends. He has partners, enemies and partners who he betrays until they become his enemies. They were right, the rumors were true.

"Give me all of it and i won't kill ya' sister right here." he spoke, raising his arm, gun pointed at Esther. She sighed and looked at Alfie. "Really? That's low." she spoke, dropping her done cigarette to the ground. Within the blink of an eye she ripped the gun out of his hand and pointed it at his head. "As if you could actually kill me, Alfie. Let's be real." she dropped the bullets out of the revolver and threw the gun to the ground.

"Ya family, Tom. I'll come for 'em." he said. Thomas sighed and nodded his head. Esther and Thomas both knew how dangerous Alfie was. He might not look like it but he got the menpower for it and not to forget, he's as sly as a fox. "There's a man outside." Thomas paused, lighting a cigarette. "He's got your rum wired up. If anyone but me steps out of here first, he's blowing up everything ya' got here." Alfie chuckled, not sure if he was bluffing or not.

"Your business Tom." he threatened once again. Thomas shook his head and held his hand out to him. "40% of it." A small smile formed on Alfies face. "50%" he countered. Thomas huffed in amusement. "35% or nothing." Alfie cuckled and shook his hand. "35 fucking percent then."

Thomas stomped his cigarette and turned around. "Always great doin' business with ya' Tom." he spoke. "Was good to see ya' sweetheart." he patted her back before they left the man to himself.