13 - thirteen

══*

══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*══

"How much longer?" John complained, Esther had to chuckle. He was alway impatient. "Stop fucking asking." Arthur sneered at his little brother. "Quite a bit longer, i suppose." Esther spoke. "We have to burry the fucking body." Tommy eyed her through the review mirror.

The trees swooshed by as nobody spoke, the loud motor being the only prominent sound.

Esther sat the plate in front of Vincent, hand shaky. "What's this?" he barked. "Noodles with garlic sauce." She answered as she turned back to the small window above the sink. "Just eat it, Vince." she barked back, tired of his behaviour.

"How come Thomas has to call me to get you out of town?" Esther stared ahead, chest raising in anger and fear. She told Tommy to not do it. "I was going to tell you." she sat herself next to him. "I know, i understand." He gave her a small smile, grabbing her hand softly. "You want to spend some time with your brothers, i understand."

"I love you, Esther." he spoke with a smile on his lips. She wanted to believe him, she wanted to. She just couldn't.

Last nights stomp against her arms warned her.

"Esther?" her head whipped to John, eyebrows raised in confusion. "Mh?" John rolled his eyes. "You want one?" Esther nodded and took one. "For the hundreth time." he grumbled, his eyes falling on her wrist. His eyebrows furrowed as he saw the almost faded green marks. "What the fuck happened to you?" John spoke, Esther pulled her sleve back down. "Nothing." she sneered, her heart sinking in embarrassment.

⌞  •°•❀•°• ⌟

The air was quite chilly as her brothers grunted and huffed to bury the body of the man Tommy has killed. She didn't question anything, the wisest desicion. "Hold this." John grunted as he pushed the shovel in her hands. Esther held the shovel with one hand as she needed the other to hold her hair out of her face.

"Can you-" Esther shoved the shovel back into his hand. "I'm pretty sure you three great and strong men can bury a body on your own." she barked before sitting herself back into the car, seeking shelter from the awful strong wind.

"What's gotten into her?" Arthur huffed, hands dirty. "Let her be" Tommy spoke, flicking the cigarette to the ground as he watched his sister for another few seconds.

⌞  •°•❀•°• ⌟

Esther settled in her room as her brothers sat in the living room discussing tonight. Tom wanted to go rampage at the Eden Club which belonged to Darby Sabini. Esther sat herself down on the bed, her stomach grumbled. When was the last time she had eaten anything?

"Esther" Tom called, her head snapping to the locked door. "Come out for a minute." She followed his voice into the living room. Two bottles of whiskey and some snow spread over the small wooden table. She hasitated but sat down on the big couch chair. "Here." Arthur passed her a glass filled with whiskey. She gave him a small smile and reached for a cigarette.

"Let's have some fun tonight." Arthur cheered. John chuckled and took a sip from his glass. "You should wear that black dress, Es." Esthers gaze fell on the small table, not able to meet her brothers eyes. "You know which one I mean, the one with no shoulders." she shook her head. "I had Poll pack it." Arthur chimed in.

"I don't really like the dress anymore." she tried, a weak attempt at having her brothers let it go. "Come on." John snorted. "You glowed in that dress." Arthur took a line of snow and let his head fall back.

"Let's stop the bullshit. Shall we, Esther?" Tom spoke, voice steady and calm. "I don't know wha-"Stop it." he interrupted her once again. She sat the glass back down on the table and gave Thomas a questioning look. "Stop what, Tommy?" he lit himself a cigarette and sighed. "You don't have to be embarrassed." he spoke, voice understanding.

"I'm not-"Yes you are." Please let it go. Her throat went dry, her hands started to get clammy.

"He hits you, doesn't he?"

The sentence which left his mouth was barely a whisper but it rang in her head. It was like he was yelling in her ears. "What?" John whispered. Arthurs head whipped to Tom. She didn't know what to do, how to protest. Esther didn't want her brothers to know. This was something no one should know about. She was going to fix it, she was sure she could.

"No." she whispered, eyes filling with tears. This couldn't be happening. "Take your shirt off." he spoke, voice growning more demanding. She didn't want this, this shouldn't be happening. "Tom-Take the shirt off, Esther."

Her shaky hands found the hem of her shirt. "Tom, don't make me-"Just do what i say, Esther." Her eyes closed for a second as she opened the shirt, button after button. "Es." John whispered, glass falling to the floor. The noise made Esther shut her eyes.

She pulled her shirt down slightly, her shoulders now exposed. Green and yellow marks decorating the skin of their sister. A fresh pruple bruise started to bloom on her right shoulder. Thomas flexed his jaw in anger, John already by his feet and Arthur just stared at her.

"I'm going to kill that bloody fucker." Arthur threatened as he threw one of the bottles across ther room. Esther let out a sob, her hand finding her mouth in a flash. "That bastard, I'll hang him and his whole fucking family." John cursed.

"No, you're not." she sobbed as she pulled the shirt back up. "This is my business." Esther spoke. She wiped her eyes and sniffed once. "Is it?" Tom spoke. Her angry eyes found his. "Vince is-"I'll kill-"We'll take care of-"He hits me!"she yelled. Her brothers shut up, staring at her with wide eyes. "He hurts me, not you!" she cried out. "So I'm going to be the one to stop it."

"I just need my brothers to be there for me."

══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*══

emotional damage