19 - nineteen

══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*══

"Esther?! Esther, help me!" her little brothers voice let her eyes snap open, the place around her seemed unfamiliar to her. A eery kind of fog swept over her hands and feet as she sat up and tried to make out her surroundings, unsuccessfully.

"Esther!" She heard John yell. Her eyebrows furrow as she struggled to get to her feet, her knees almost giving in. She had no shoes on nor any socks. Her bare feet touched the cold ground below her and her hands tangled by her sides like heavy weights. "Esther, help us!" she heard her older brother yell.

"Arthur!" She tried to yell but nothing came out of her throat. There wasn't a single sound as she stumbled towards the sound of her brothers. Suddenly a loud gunshot startled her to the core. Her knees gave in and she caught herself on her now bruised hands. A cold shiver struck her as her heart pounded in her ears. "Arthur." she whispered to herself.

Esther crawled forward, desperatly trying to get to her feet. As she sprinted towards the sound of the gunshot. "Esther!" She heard her younger brother, Thomas, yell. Her lungs hurt as she ran but she refused to stop. The thought of her brothers being in harms way clouded her mind as tears pricked at her eyes. The cold air bit at her cheeks as she struggled to keep on running.

Suddenly she came to a halt as she watched a person, hooded, stand over Tommy holding a gun at him. Finger ready to pull the trigger and end his life in the blink of an eye. Her brothers, John and Arthur laid dead, red pooling from between their eyebrows. Her eyes found his, her brother didn't speak but she knew what his blue eyes were trying to tell her.

It's alright.

That's what he was trying to tell her. But she didn't miss the small moment of fright. The small second he was screaming from the top of his being, desperate to stay alive. "To-" Her attempt of saying his name was cut short as a bullet rushed through his scull.

Suddenly her eyes opened and she gasped for air. "Esther." Thomas shook her shoulders as a tear rushed down her sunken in cheek. "Esther, can you hear me?" Arthur spoke, crouching in front of her. "What's happenin' to her?" Micheal asked, John shushing him. "I can." she whispered as she wiped her eyes. "I'm fine." she stood up and grabbed her pack of cigarettes to leave.

Arthur grabbed her sleeve to stop her leaving. She turned around, taking a breath to give him a small smile. "Bad dream, that's all." Esther answered before she left the boys and Polly in the living room of her house, rushing out of the door to catch her breath.

She didn't know what the hell was happening to her. Maybe life was catching up to her.

She put a cigarette between her lips as she lit it to take a long drag and calm her heart which was still pounding in her ears. She was leaning against a window, Thomas watching her as she constantly brushed the hair out of her face and tried to wipe her tears.

Esther's gaze was fixated on the patch of grass in front of her, a finger massaging her temple as she closed her eyes for a second.

"Esther?" she froze as her eyes snapped open. She knew this voice, she very well knew this voice.

Vincent.

Her heard skipped a beat as her hands started to shake. She wasn't scared though, she hadn't been scared of this man for a long time. Her hands shook with rage as she stared at the man daring to show himself in front of her. "What the fuck are you doing here?" she almost whispered. The cigarette fell out of her hand as she stared at him.

"I wanted to talk-" She didn't need to listen as she reached for her gun which was tucked away in her waistband and pointed it at him. Thomas stopped talking as he caught a glimpse of Esther's raised hand. "We're past the point of talking." She spoke, voice cold.

Suddenly the door to Pollys house opened behind her, her brothers boy her side. "Esther." Arthur tried but she was too far gone, she wouldn't listen to him. Thomas nudged Arthur. "Let her be."

She took a few steps towards Vincent, hand still raised. "I'll kill you, Vincent. I hope you know that." He sucked in a breath as he watched her, eyes trying to find the vulnerable woman he once broke. The woman he saw scared him.

"I'll be the one to end your life and no one will question it, cause you hurt me in the most cruel way someone could hurt someone else." she spoke, gun still raised. "I still love-" he was stopped by her gun being wacked across his face.

He fell to the ground, gasping for air as she pushed the gun to his throat. "You don't love me, you never loved me." she took a breath and pushed the gun deeper into his throat. "There's no hole in Small Heath for you to hide in, so just wait. I'll be sure to catch you soon." His hand found her arm and then her leg in an attempt of mercy for himself. She shook him off and kicked him in the ribs. "Get the fuck away from me" she cursed as she tucked her gun back into her waistband.

She turned around and walked back the small stonewalk to the door. Her family parted for her as she rushed back inside. They silently followed her into the kitched as she walked to the sink to wash her hands and her face. "You okay?" Arthur asked silently, trying not to drive her over the edge. "Fine." she took the cigarette Polly offered her and closed her eyes briefly to take a breath. "Let's go home." she spoke. "You have a lovely home, Pol. Congrats." she smiled at her aunt and engolfed her in a hug.

"Thank you, love." "It was nice seeing you, Mike." She gave him a hug. "You too" he stammered as she turned and left with her brothers.

⌞ •°•☽ ☾•°• ⌟

Esther sat at the Garrison with her older brother, his nose burried in a newspaper. She plaid with her pack of cigarettes as she thought about this morning. How absoluetly chaotic her life was. Irene had left because she was almost murdered, leaving her alone with herself and her demons. 

She let a man control her, hurt her and her pride. She was sure to end Vincents life, one way or another but she had to end him. She felt something big coming, something ready to hurt her and her family.

Suddenly the door was slammed open, almost doppling out of its hinges as both their heads snapped towards the sound. There stood a woman, arm raised with a gun in her hand. Her chest heaved and her eyes were teary as she stepped towards the too. 

Esther pushed herself in front of her brother, hand pushing him farther back. She knew who this woman was. The mother of the kid Arthur had killed stood in front of them, ready to take revenge.

"Mrs. Ross" Esther tried, voice weary as she cocked back the hammer. "You don't have to do this." She continued, hands raising in front of her. "You'll be compensated financially." Arthur spoke and Esther had to close her eyes in annoyance. She pushed him back further as the woman pulled the trigger but missed. The bullet rushed into the wall behind them as she pushed Arthur to his knees. She wouldn't let this woman murder her brother.

Mrs. Ross only cried out as she pushed the table over and yelled "Someone's got to stop you people." She threw her gun at Esther, hitting her square on the forehead before rushing out of the door. Her head pounded and a small gash formed as a trickle of blood made its way down Esthers face. 

She stared at the door for a few moments before turning around to pull Arthur to his feet. The man stared at his sister before wrapping his arms around her. "Thank you." he whispered before the door opened again, Esther was fast to push Arthur back to his knees amd scrambled for the gun, raising it at the inruder.

She let out a sigh before letting her arms fall to her sides at the sight of her brothers and some Blinders. "Thank god." she whispered before her feet gave in and her limb body made contact with the wooden floor of the Garrison. 

══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*══