03 - three

══*

══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*══
( thank you for over 100 reads! )

The cell was dirty, cold and stank. The guards kept laughing at her, taunting her family and her. She has counted three days. The bed wasn't a bed and the window was so dirty that the sun only threw yellow light into the tiny room.

"Get her out" a stern voice demanded. Esther's head snapped up as she heard him talk. "Sir, her trial is still-"There's no trial." He spoke. The guards shuffled uncomfortably. "What-"She's Sargent Major Thomas Shelby's sister. Get her out before the king beheads us all" he grumbled.

The door squeaked as the opened it for her. "Miss, please follow us" a guard held out a hand. Anger bubbled in her chest as she saw his hand. She stood up and kicked the man in the crotch as hard as she could. "Don't fucking act nice with me you fucking cunt" Esther almost yelled. She turned towards the man who was going to get her out of there "Now get me out before I go rampage" he breathed in sharply "My apologies Miss Shelby. A letter came our way this morning, written by Winston Churchill himself. We had no idea that your brother is Thomas Shelby. We all apologize deeply for the misleading information in this situation. You will now be able to go home, Miss Shelby"

He lead her to a big door which squeaked again as it opened. The bright sunlight blinded her as she smelled the air. "Esther!" Polly's voice reached her ears. She embraced her in a bone crushing hug. "Dear, you lost weight. Did they give you anything to eat?" She touched her face in a worried manner and Esther just chuckled. "I'm fine, Polly." She pushed her hands away from her face.

Then she looked around, finding Tommy's face. She didn't say anything as she walked towards him. He opened his arms and she hugged him tight. "Thank you" Esther mumbled into his chest. "No problem, Es." She stroked his back and smelled his jacket, enjoying the presence of her brother.

"Esther" She could hear Arthur and John behind her. "Johnny, Arthur" she whispered with a sad smile. "I missed ya"

Arthur sniffed a little as he hugged his little sister. John just patted her back a little.

"Let's get you home, love" Polly hooked her arm in Esther's.

⌞ •°•❀•°• ⌟

Esther took a long bath after she got home, Polly scrubbing her back and arms with lots of love.
She walked downstairs, dressed in a big shirt, probably Arthur's or Tommy's, and with her hair wet.

"God, Esther. Put some clothes on" Polly nagged. She chuckled "There's nothing y'all haven't seen" she laughed. Polly had made her a warm meal and a hot tea. Tommy stalked into the room, patting her on the shoulder as he walked by.