16 - sixteen

══*

══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*══

Things have cooled down, Thomas discharged himself from the hospital claiming he can't stay in this tiny fuckin' room anymore. It has been over a week since Esther had seen Vincent or even talked to him, the sweet power of freedom flowing through her veins.

She found her way back to wearing dress pants again, which she abandoned when she started to date the bastard. Aunt Pol went out of her way to sew her old dress pants smaller, the sight of the skinny woman still frightening her.

She started to carry a weapon again, tucked in the back of her pants, just like her brothers. Esthers head once again heald high, the lethal glint in her eyes once again returning.

The woman sat next to Arthur at the dining table as Finn made his way passed them followed by young Isaiah, sure to slap the envelope next to Esthers plate. "You look much better, hun." Polly smiled at the dark haired girl. "The bruises are fading rather quickly now." she added and patted the back of her head. Esther smiled and nodded her head. "You look very good today, Esther." Isaiah's voice made her snap her head back. "Thank you, Isaiah." she gave him a warm smile. The dark skinned boy only earned a smack to the back of his head from her youngest sibling.

"Stop hiting on my sister, for the hundredth time." Arthur only chuckled as Finn almost beat the shit out of the poor boy. "No can do, she's mad pretty." Finn only rolled his eyes as Esther chuckled, taking a sip from her cup. She grabbed one of the unused butter knifes on the table and opened the envelope.

Dear Esther,

It almost seems surreal to only send this letter to you now. I've had a lot of time to think and heal. The time with my parents here in Ireland was magical, I haven't seen them since i was a child, you know that though.

I wanted to write this letter to you out of the sole reason to apologize. I left your family and you in such a hurry that we didn't even have the time to say goodbye, but you deserved that. You deserved a goodbye from me, and you deserve to hear that it wasn't you fault. None of what happened to you or me was your fault.

Arthur gave me a call a few weeks ago. (I don't know when or if this letter will ever arrive) but he told me everything. How you slowly but surely died away. The situation with your boyfriend and what had happened to Thomas. I'll be coming back soon, i didn't plan to stay with my parents forever anyways. I'll help you rebuild yourself if you need me or not, i'll be your pillar.

I was a terrible friend, i wasn't there when you hit your lowest but i'll be back soon and i'll stay by your side.

Your bestest (and only) friend,

Irene.

⌞  •°•☽ ☾•°• ⌟

Esther found her brother, Thomas, in his office. He should be in the hospital but she knew that it was no use to pressure him into something he sat his mind against. She closed the door behind herself as she didn't bother knocking. Her brother didn't look at her, the papers he held in hands seemed to be way more interesting.

"You wanted to see me." she spoke into the silence, eyebrows raised as he finally put the papers down. He took a drag of his cigarette before Esther snatched it away. With a sigh he lit himself a new one. "There's something very important i need to take care of tomorrow." he took another drag from his newly lit cigarette and blew the smoke from the side of his mouth. "You can't know what its about, not yet." he leaned back as Esther sat herself down on the armrest of one of the big chairs in his office. "You in?" she gave him a small smile and nodded her head. "Of course." he nodded and took a sip from his glass.

"I'm glad you're back." he spoke, voice soft. Esther sighed and stared out of the window, passed her brother. "I'm not really back, not yet." he nodded and continued to look at her. "How do you want to do it?" she shrugged her shoulders. "He needs to die, you know that." he continued. She nodded and chuckled at him. "I want to do it grand, i guess." he squinted his eyes.

"Nothing too publi-"Not publicly, Thomas." she shook her head. "I want the blinders there, i want to do this grand in front of the blinders." he pushed the papers to the side as he placed his head on his hands. "Though i might bind him to a horse and drag him along the streets." she spoke dismissively. "Alright." he didn't protest. He knew how important this was to her. To punish the one person who almost broker her. He knew and he understood and if she wanted all the blinders there as she massacred her abuser he would do everything he could do to make it reality.

"Give me heads up when it's time." he spoke as she left his office, she only nodded.

⌞  •°•☽ ☾•°• ⌟

Esther sat in Tommys' car as he drove them out of small heath, the trees skipped passed them as both of them staid silent. The two siblings seemingly enjoying the silence. Esther thought about Irenes' letter, about what she wrote. Did she really feel like she left her alone, like she abandoned her? She was alright with her best friend leaving, with her taking her time to heal. She got stabbed, she was on the brink of death after all.

Why had Arthur blabbered about absolutely everything? No wonder though, her older brother wasn't known for keeping his damn mouth shut.

"Come on." Thomas demanded, ripping his older sister out of her thoughts. "We're here, airhead." she sighed and got out of the vehicle. "Take that back." she laughed, jabbing him in the ribbs. He only smiled at her as he started walking towards a pretty looking garden. Flowers and plants sprouting like crazy, drawing a smile on Esthers face.

"Miss." her younger brother spoke. A woman, not older than Polly walked towards the small wooden gate. A boy, a bit older than Finn, she guessed, followed his mother to the gate. "My name is Thomas Shelby and this is my sister Esther Shelby." he threw his finished cigarette to the ground and fished a card from his pocket. "And my aunt, Polly Grey, is your sons birth mother." The womans' face grew white, the white bed sheet flying to the ground without a sound as she stared at Thomas.

Esther only blinked, she didn't really know how to react to this. "If you have any interest to meet her and your family." Tommy pointed at the card the young boy held in his hands. "The adress is on there." he tipped the brim of his cap and turned around. "It was nice meeting you, i hope we see each other again. Goodbye." she smiled at him.

His mother caught a glimps of a gun tucked in her pants as she gave her son a smile and waved him goodbye. She was sure to curse the day the both of them showed up and snatched her beloved son.

══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*══

hi! some bitch be getting his soup served mf cold soon :)