We Don't Belong

I sat on my bed looking at the charm that Dan had sent , it lay in the palm of my hand the little drum kit charm.

Why could he not understand what he did hurt me and just leave me to wallow in my own self pity , but no he has to try and be all romantic by sending me little charms that mean something to the both of us. 

I need to sort this out he can't keep doing this.

I placed the charm back into it's box and closed the lid , I slipped in to some clean clothes , walking out the door while popping the box in the back pocket of my nice clean black skinny's. I walked out of my bedroom , jogging down the stairs before coming to a halt and the bottom. I grabbed my key off of the table in the hallway.

When I opened the front door the cold air slapped me straight in the face , I walked holding my body trying to keep the little last bit of warmth I had in , my teeth were chattering loudly . I knocked on Dan's door once I had finally worked up enough courage to do so. I stood there for a minute or so when someone finally answered the door.

"Oh hey Kasie , what are you doing here?" Max sounded very cheerful the creepy kind

"Oh nothing I was just wondering if Dan was in , that's all?"

"yeah he is , come in"

Max moved out of the way so that I could finally step out of the cold and in to the nice warmth of Dan's house , it smelled exactly like it did a few days ago , it smelled of LYNX Excite , we had both agreed that it was our favourite out of all of the other LYNX'S. I dragged my feet to the living room , my stomach was churning I could feel the nervousness eating away inside of me , why was I so nervous? , this was Dan I was talking to the man I thought I once loved and maybe somewhere deep down still did , but the feeling of hurt had temporarily taken over.

When I reached the front room I wanted to bolt for the door there and then , I didn't want to be here I don't have any idea why I had thought coming here was going to be good. When we actually stepped in the front room it felt like all eyes were on me , I looked around , Josh and Matt had paused their precious game of FIFA 13 to stop and look at me , while Chris sat there his hand holding a dusting cloth which he was using to clean his new guitar , which he had previously been buzzing about getting.

Dan's mouth was actually hanging open , talk about jaws on the floor (A song by the Amazing You Me At Six themselves).

"Errm Dan please can I talk to you in private" My voice was quiet , I was actually shocked that Dan had heard me , without asking me so repeat myself.

"yeah sure , we can talk in the kitchen" His words were slightly uneven , I guess from the shock that I had wanted to talk to him for the first time since the argument.

I made my way to the kitchen , sitting down on one of the stools that were there, he came and sat down opposite me , his bright blue eye's locked with mine. Instantly I got lost in them nearly forgetting why I had come here.

"Listen Dan , I need to talk to you about the whole sending me the charms thing" I put my hands together , trying to put my words together without sounding mean or horrible.

"I know what your gonna say Kasie , that you want me to stop sending you them but it's not gonna happen ok" He voice came out a little harsh 

"But Dan you have to understand what you did really hurt me, and that you aren't going to get me back by sending me charms everyday for who knows how long"

"WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO THEN KASIE? , YOU TELL ME WHAT I HAVE TO DO TO GET YOU BACK AND I WILL DO IT"

"YOU CAN START BY NOT SHOUTING THE FUCKING ODDS OK" I honestly don't know why Dan thought that by shouting he was going to make this better.