Days Are Numbered

Dan's P.O.V

I ran to the kitchen i could tell that someone was following me , i collapsed on to one of the stools laying my head on the cold marble island that was in the middle of the kitchen.

"Dan" I heard Kasie call , while coming through the kitchen door , i looked up to see that her face was pained.

"Dan , please just tell me what's wrong?" Concern and worry laced her words , she took the stool next to me placing her small cold hand on top of mine, her skin was so pale compared to mine.

"What's wrong? , your dying Kasie that's what's wrong" I could see a small sad frown on her face.

"You never were one to follow rules were you?" She said laughing a weak laugh , I raised an eyebrow at her , confused.

"The rules i said back in the living room , that we were no longer going to mention that I'm dying" She confirmed.

"Kasie , how can you act like everything is ok?" I asked her shocked , how was she handling this so well.

"Because it's easier than accepting the fact that I'm dying and there's nothing i can do about it" She sniffed.

"Kasie i love you" I spluttered out without thinking , her head immediately shot up her eyes were a little wider than normal.

"Even after everything that i have done?"

"Kasie nothing and i mean nothing could ever stop me loving you"

I pulled her towards me wrapping my arms around her frail figure , she placed her head on my chest breathing lightly , i rested my chin on the top of her head , relishing the moment , because before long i will not be able to hold her in my arms , or see her face light up when she see's something she likes ,nor the cheeky grin on her face when her and Raven are up to no good .

"I love you too Dan" My heart skipped a few beats when she said those words , those words were small but yet held so much emotion , and power , those words held the key to my heart.

I pushed Kasie's body away from mine so that i could look her in the eye's.

"Marry me" I blurted out

"What?" Kasie questioned

"Marry me" I said again hoping that she heard and understood what i was saying

"I can't Dan" She choked out

"Why not" My head shot to the door where Ashley was stood , with his arms crossed over his chest

"B-because i-i-it w-would cause too much t-trouble" Kasie stuttered out

"If your saying no because of me then your stupid" Ashley told her in a serious tone , Kasie was a little stunned that he had said that.

"H-how" She muttered

"Because Kasie , I've seen the way you look at Dan and i hate to admit it but when you look at him your eye's twinkle with love , your happy with him and you don't look at me like that but i have grown to accept that , the only thing that will ever make me happy is knowing that you had the best life you could ever have before you die and that includes marrying Dan" He walked towards her spinning her around so that she was facing him ,he bent down a little placing a gentle kiss on her cheek.

"You were the first one i loved , you were the first love i lost" He whispered softly in her ear before walking back out of the kitchen and in to the front room.

"So Kasie , will you marry me?" I asked her hopeful,

A huge grin took over her face , she nodded eagerly