Chatper One- Just say no! Simple! Right?

Hey! Ok! This is my first fanfiction! I am open to advice and critisism! Whatever helps! I hope you enjoy! Oh! This story is copyrighted! It is mine, so please don't try to steal it because I work hard on it! Thanks!

The music came out of the speakers and I flew across the floor to the notes. Jump, another jump, one more jump. Ok enough jumps. My hard pointe shoes hit the floor with a little thump every time I landed, warning everyone of my approach.

I was rehearsing my solo piece for the upcoming showcase and also getting death glares from my fellow dancers watching from the side. Thanks guys I thought.

The music gave a few more notes and I finished wish a curtsey. There was a man watching me from the door, and him and Madame Abadie shared a look. I tried to ignore him as I went for my water bottle at the side of the room.

"Very good Daphne!" Madame Abadie said to me with a smile. "You performed well." Madame Abadie understood why I danced. I danced because I loved it, but also for a career. But mostly because I loved it.

"Thank you," I said back to her. The man had left, and I could hear whispers as I came into the dressing room to grab my things. "Suck up much?" "You think she wants attention?" "I don't think she deserves that solo, I could do it much better anyway." The whispers just kept coming threatening to bring me down. I couldn't take it. "I think she should just quit altogether." whispered someone. That was it.

"You know, if you're going to insult me on how hard I work compared to how all of you take this dance school for granted? You could at least say it to my face. I bet some of you are only here because your rich daddy bought you these classes as a present because he always knew his little girl wanted to be a pretty ballerina, and knew she would be a star. Well you know what? My dad is gone and I still work harder than all of you. And I deserve that solo. Why don't you whisper about that?" I snapped. Despite all of the shocked faces looking at me, I threw up coat on, grabbed my bad, and flew out the door and into the hall. My face was hot, and I could feel my throat start to tighten.

I started running towards the door to freedom, but a voice behind me told me not to. "Daphne?" Madame Abadie told me as I slowly turned around with a fake smile on my face. Too bad she knew when I was lying. This woman had taught me since I was five, but she wasn't going to do it without being like a second mother. And I was fine with that.

"Yes Madame?" I said with a fake cheer in my voice. She could tell I was lying.

"Come with me."

I followed her into her office and hoped it wasn't going to be one of our "talks". "You're upset. And I know why. But I have something that might cheer you up." she said with hope in her voice. She had always wanted me to be happy. She did her best to help me with anything.

I sat down on a chair near her desk and set my bad on the floor. I started taking the bobby pins out of my hair as I asked, "What is it Madame?" A flutter flew up in my stomach, but I pushed it out. I wasn't feeling the flurries right now.

"Have you heard a boy band by the name of One Direction?" she asked and I nodded with a bobby pin in my mouth. "Well, they need a dancer for their new music video. And I recommended you."

I did a spit take and a few bobby pins flew out of my mouth and onto the floor. I was too shocked to apologize. "Excuse me?"

"I think you need something exciting. You don't want to spend the rest of your life in this studio do you?"

I shook my head slowly and the shock started to wear off. Now it was just confusion. All I could do was stare into space. I didn't like One Direction. They were snooty, stuck up jerks who probably just went onto X Factor just to get attention. I know that's harsh, but hey, I'm in shock. I really have no idea what is going on in my brain at the moment.

I started to pick up the bobby pins off the floor as she said, "That man that was watching you was One Direction's manager. He said yes." At that I bumped my head on her desk and rubbed my head with the hand that didn't have bobby pins. "Will you do it?"

Don't say yes Daph. Say no. Just say no. This isn't going to turn out well and you know it. Say no. Simple. N. o.

Just say no. Simple right?

Not so much. "Yes."