One shots- 2

I sat on my chair in Starbucks pointing and flexing my feet in my brown boots. I find myself doing that as does every dancer. I took a sip of my hot chocolate, and looked at the workers. They know me too, but they say "The dancer's back!" instead of "The American".

I walk on the street in silence since the guys and Mary are at a photo shoot. The wind whistles, whipping the loose hairs from my tight bun back, and I pull my scarf tighter.

"Why would a pretty girl like you be walking alone?" I hear someone say beside me.

"Hi Daniel," I laugh. Daniel was my guy best friend who was also a dancer except he was a theatre major. Guy dancers are the best even if they're gay. And no, Daniel is not gay.

It was rare that you saw anyone in New York twice, but since I was around campus it didn't surprise me.

"Where are the Brits?" He sips what I assume is coffee. Everyone here is coffee crazy except me.

"Photo shoot." I answer.

"You miss it?"

"Why would I? I didn't even go to the photo shoots anyway." We continued walking aimlessly. Probably back to the dorms out of habit.

"You were, oh sorry, are the girlfriend, though." Daniel was a tall, about 6'1, male dancer who had black, spiky hair, brown eyes, hipster glasses that he actually needed, and always wore an adorable, quirky smile. At the moment he was wearing a trench coat, a red and brown plaid scarf, jeans, and red sneakers.

"That's true, but I don't know. Ever since I came here I realized how crazy the celebrity life was. And I wasn't even a celebrity." I laughed.

"Need I remind you, you're the girlfriend."

"Ha, yeah. A picture of us will probably end up on a magazine in a few days," I warned Daniel.

"Oh gosh, I'm scared." Daniel laughed.

We continued small talk as we walked back to the dorm, and Daniel walked me to my door.

"Thanks for the talk," I told Daniel. He smiled almost making me blush.

"Anytime," he answered. "See you tomorrow." And with that he walked down the hall and down the stairs to go to his own dorm.

I walked in my dorm to find the boys and Mary watching a movie on a tv that wasn't mine, and Molly reading a book on her bed with an annoyed look on her face.

"Um, hi." I dropped my bag on the floor next to the coat rack.

"Hello," Louis smiles at me.

"Hi!" Mary says looking away from the tv.

"Who's TV is that?" I ask.

"We had ours brought in from the bus," Niall answers.

"Why?"

"We might have gotten bored after the photo shoot," Liam says.

I don't reply, but sit by Molly on her bed. "Hey," I whisper.

"Hello," she whispers back.

"What's up?"

"Them." Molly glares at the backs of the gang sitting on the floor. "I walk in and they're sitting like that. I change my mind. I don't like them here."

"Why not?"

"They're just distracting. They're really nice, but I just miss you and me time already."

"Aw! Well, they'll only be here a few more days, and we'll be in class. You won't even know they're here." I promise Molly.

"Fine."
*******
*Two days later*

"I can't believe you're leaving tomorrow morning," I sigh into Louis' shoulder

"I know which I why I planned this," Louis replies.

"You planned for us to watch movies in your tour bus while everyone else went to see an actual movie?" I laugh.

"Pf, yeah."

"Wow." I sigh. "Louis, I think we need to talk."

"Uh oh. You're not breaking up with me are you?" Louis laughs.

"Um, no." I sit up. "But I do think we shouldn't be as much girlfriend/boyfriend while you're on tour."

Louis' face falls. "What do you mean?"

"I just mean....with a long distance relationship it's going to be hard, and harder than I thought."

"Oh. So we are breaking up?"

"No. No no no no." I shake my head. "I just think we should take a break."

"Oh."

"I'm sorry."

"No, it's okau."

"When the tour is done, and I can see you again then the break is over. I just want to be able to see the person I'm dating in person. And I can't do that when my boyfriend is an international popstar."

Louis looks at the bottom of the couch and neither of us are still paying attention to the movie. "Then come with us." Louis takes my hands.

"No, I can't, Louis." I snatch my hands away. "Not this time. I have school. I can't just drop everything to go on tour again. I have a career to think of, I have friends, I have grades."

"Right."

"I'm sorry." I look towards the door. "I have to go." I walk out of the bus and start my walk back to the dorms in my pjs.

Louis doesn't come after me, and the next morning the gang leaves without saying goodbye.
*******
Author's Note

Oh my oz I found myself almost crying while writing this. Like oh my oz. Please don't hate me, but I have to do this for the sequel.

More one shots coming soon, and I already have my idea for the sequel! Yay!

-Charlotte <3