Chapter 26

(This is going to be a bit different from the movie scene, I hope you don't mind and enjoy none the less)

=============================

(Y/N) is laying in the Avengers HQ medical bay with Rebecca by his side as Wanda is sat in her room watching the news about what happened in Lagos, Steve hears her Tv and makes his way to her room and leans on the door frame, Steve turned off the Tv as Wanda was listening to all the bad stuff they are saying about her.

Wanda: It's my fault.

Steve: That's not true.

Wanda: Go see (Y/N)... he's laying there unconscious because of me.

Steve: I should've clocked that bomb vest long before you both got involved.

Steve said as he made his way towards Wanda who is sitting on her bed.

Steve: Rumlow said 'Bucky'... and all of a sudden I was a 16-year-old kid again, in Brooklyn.

Steve then sat next to Wanda on the bed as they both shifted the blame form each other.

Steve: And people died. (Y/N) nearly died trying to fix my mistake... It's on me.

Wanda: It's on both of us.

Steve: This job... We try to save as many people as we can. Sometimes that doesn't mean everybody. But if we can't find a way to live with that...then next time... maybe nobody gets saved.

The two then sat in silence for a few seconds as they both pondered Steve's words, but the silence was broken when Vision came through the wall... literally.

Wanda: Vis. We talked about this.

Vision: Yes, but the door was open so I assumed that...

Vision was about to argue his point but he then seemed to realise that it was a stupid point and just went on to the reason he was there in the first place.

Vision: Captain Rogers wished to know when Mr. Stark was arriving.

Steve nodded along with Visions words as he physically agreed with what Vision was saying.

Steve: Thank you. We'll be right down.

Vision: I'll use the door.

Vision then went to walk out the door but he stopped when he remembered another thing.

Vision: Oh, and apparently, he's brought a guest.

Steve: You know who it is?

Vision: The Secretary of State.

Vision then left as Steve looked at Wanda who wasn't looking to happy about the fact he's here, but they both went to the conference room regardless to see why he is here...

=========================

Secretary Ross: (Sighs) Five years ago... I had a heart attack... and dropped right in the middle of my backswing.

He tells the Avengers sat around the conference table, minus (Y/N), Thor and Hulk... Tony sat in a chair nearby.

Secretary Ross: Turned out it was the best round of my life... because after 13 hours of surgery and a triple bypass... I found something 40 years in the army had never taught me. Perspective.

The Avengers listened to his story, some more then others as Rebecca and Wanda were actually more concerned about (Y/N) who's laying on a medical bed as he talks about golf, Nat was also concerned about him but she was listening to every word the Secretary of State said.