32

• 32 - AHEAD OF THE GAME •
Who is ahead? Us or them?

| Third Person's POV |

"This is the reason why we hide it. We don't want anyone to find out about it and use it. We've already seen the worst and-- anyway, it's in here." Liliana cut herself as she mentally shook her head.

Luana and Aeron on the other hand, look at each other with the same thing in mind. There must had something happened before on their years.

Liliana lead them at the main building and at the very end of an hallway, they stood in front a door with a signage of--

'ONLY AUTHORIZED PERSON ALLOWED!
BE AWARE OF GOATS!'

"At the mechanical room?" Aeron pointed out and Liliana nod her head.

"Well, those drunkard goats-- I mean satyrs promised us that they will do their best to not to tell about this secret room we have in there but now I realized how dumb that was the fact that they are always drunk as hell." Liliana shook her head with a sigh. She pushed the door open and a strong smell of beer meet them. The three of them instinctively covered their noses as they walk inside.

The room is dark and huge and only have torches to light the place. There are huge machines on the other side while across it is filled with long tables and long branches of wood as chairs. There sat multiple satyrs that is happily drinking and chatting, not knowing that outside of this room is full of disaster and enemies are on the move.

"Who are you humans-- wait-- I know you, you're-- you-- that girl who keeps calling us drunkard goats!" an old man, goat-like male with pair of legs of a goat and horns, slurred to them. Every words he spoke, strong smell came out of his mouth. It's wearing something that looks like a skin and fur of an animal just like the others with a tobacco on his lips and beer on hand.

Liliana smiles at him. "Good day to you too, Bock. We're here to check about the machine we kept here, you know what."

As if drunkenness left the satyr's body and seriousness showed to his face. He pulled out the tobacco from his lips. "I'm telling you, it is safe." he said.

"I'm sorry to break it to you but there is a huge possibility that it is used. Many students are unconscious as of now." Luana answered staring at Bock with such intensity.

"And that's why we're here. We have to check if it is safe." Liliana said and Bock look at them as if contemplating.

He sighs. "O'right, o'right. Follow me." he placed his beer and tobacco at a table and grab one of the torches before walking deep inside the mechanical room. They stopped in front of a painting. Bock removed it and carefully placed it to the side, he then touch around the brick wall and when he touched something, he's face lightened. He pulled the piece of brick and a security lock can be seen. Bock look back at Liliana and made way to her.

Liliana steps forward and type the pin numbers. Afterwards, the click can be heard and they stepped back. The walls vibrates before sliding up. She glances at the two students. "Let's go."

Inside is dark so Bock move around to light up the other torches. The room is small and dusty. There are also spiderwebs everywhere. Signs that no one had entered this room for years. Liliana go straight at the center and it is empty.

"No.." Bock stared at where supposedly the machine is with shock. "I told you, I swear to every kinds of beer that I guarded this place and let no one even satyrs go past this area!" Bock shrieks.