38

• 38 - BARGAIN FOR SOMETHING •
They think they break the clues.

| Third Person's POV |

Juliane sat down on a bench at the middle of the garden. Sweat all over her forehead as her chest goes up and down rapidly.

'Gods, this training's gonna kill me.' Juliane thought and look up to the clear sky. This calms her down. 'Mom... if you're listening.. the season of this month is autumn. The third season of the year, when crops and fruits are gathered and leaves fall from the trees. Well you know that already but today's October 28.' Juliane look over the flower she planted. The same poppy flower but her brows quickly furrowed when she noticed something.. odd.

She pushed her self away from the bench and kneels on the ground. She touched the flower and the slight roughness alarmed her. She roam her gaze and the other plants are just like the same state as the flower on her hands. Dull, rough.. withering.

"What-- why is it withering? It shouldn't--"

'Watch over the plants, Juliane.'

That statement rang inside Juliane's mind. She froze as her lip gape.

'Plants die if they are not cared, Juliane, but them dying even the care is there.. might be a sign of something going to happen.'

'A sign? Is it a good or bad?'

'Bad happenings.'

Juliane remembers that as she look around. 'Bad happenings.. is there bad happening gonna happened this days?-- wait.. the war.' her eyes widen. "Gods the war! The start of the war! It's what Mom is trying to tell me!" she exclaimed to herself and stood up. She runs inside the building straight to where she knew the others are.

°=°

It had been a week since Aeron and Scythe got back to the academy with Unmei, the sorceress of Pandemonium. Unmei or Mei with Sowon, casted a powerful spell that deflect the dark spell that prevent the academy staffs to wake up.

It's been also a week since the academy trained the students, enhance their barrier and searched for more clues to what are they gonna expect in the war.

"Here is the list of the creatures that we might face in the war." Ms. Jones placed a folder in front of Luana and Aeron as they all in the principal's office.

"And here, is the list of people that might help us." Ms. Jones placed another folder. "Gavin and the rest of the professors are on their way to talk to them on person."

Luana nod and gather the folders. "Thank you for this."

Ms. Jones nod back and heave a sigh. "I owe you an apology, the two of you and the rest of the Class Hydra." she said as the two students exchange a look at each other.

"We have been hiding everything from you. The planning.. the process of how we decide things so now, I'm sorry for that. I really thought, we can protect you and the other students by doing that but we are wrong.. indeed." Ms. Jones stated.

"It's alright. For now let's just focus for this war." Luana answered.

"Alright. Well then, the council have a mission for you." the principal informed as she open a drawer. Aeron gave a look at Luana before turning his attention back to the principal when she placed another folder in front of them. "The council heard about the used of Solaris Mortem in the academy again and now they want to assigned this mission that hadn't been succeeded since then to you."