02

• 02 - BEYOND THE SHADOW OF A DOUBT •
There's many things that humans didn't expect to be real.

| Ryujin's POV |

A growl coming from somewhere made me halted from my steps. My brows furrowed in confusion as I look around. Only few students are left here in the hallways since it's friday and starting tomorrow is weekends. The class ended just minutes ago so students must be out with their friends by now.

I look at the room on my right side. It's dark inside by just looking through the door made of glass. A shadowy movement coming inside caught my attention and without thinking a second thought, I quickly opened the door that is surprisingly wasn't locked at all. I closed the door behind and look around the dark room. My brows furrowed more when I saw that all of the CCTV is shattered across the floor as if some robbery happened here but.. this is just a plain classroom and not the office at all.

Who the hell would do these? From not that far from me, I heard someone's heartbeat and it is beating rapidly. That someone is scared and in pain which confused me.

I slowly walk towards the back corner of the room and got a glimpse of a person's shadow. I halted in front of that person. My jaw slightly dropped in shock when I got a clear view to whom the person is. "Dong..pyo?" I stammered in shock to see him here. Honestly, he is the least person I have in mind to see here.

Dongpyo look back at me and he have tears all over his cheeks. His clothes were torn and I can say he is in pain for a long time already. The fact that I remember him excusing himself at the middle of the last class we had awhile ago. His eyes flashed to green and flickers back to his normal eye color which is almond brown. He have his nose stuck up as his growing fangs bare.

He growled at me and the second thing I know is he is already struggling me to the floor. A groan left me when my back got attached with the hard cold floor. He's strong and I can't hurt him cause he is out of controlling his body. I keep on pushing him away from me but suddenly I felt a sting on my right cheek causing me to wince slightly in pain. He just scratched me using his sharp long nails!

From across the room I heard the opening of the door where I entered. "I'm sorry." I whispered to Dongpyo before kicking him off me. I heard him groaned but I quickly went out of the room using the back door.

I look inside through the glass door and saw Dongpyo shifted himself to his wolf form and left a howl that can be also heard here outside. I roam my gaze around the hallways and there's no one around already even a single janitor.

Howl.. werewolf..

People thought they are not real but not everything we thought are like us are really like us. That's why there are this saying... don't trust no one cause they can be just hiding in masks. Right now.. Dongpyo's a werewolf and I know there's much more out there or even inside this school that is one of them. Either a student.. school staff.. or professors...

I left a sigh and look back through the glass to see a woman trying to get closer to Dongpyo... Dongpyo is the troublemaker I'm mentioning before and his number 1 target is none other than the woman inside with him. It's Chaewon. Woah, unbelievable yet impressive. Every students here in St. Jewel knew how those two hated each other yet Chaewon is in there trying to move closer to her enemy and maybe help him instead of running away and telling everyone what she saw.

I watched them for a moment, totally forgetting my own schedule for today. I saw the two of them got into some tension and even though I really wanted to help, I just think of something simple that can't make myself too hard for them. I can't clearly see what Dongpyo pulled out from his back or so but I can tell he already give up on everything by his heartbeats and it made me feel sad inside.