45

• 45 - WAR I •

| Elaine's POV |

※●※

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!"

I stared at the mark left on the ground. My eyes is full of tears as I scanned it.

"I-I don't know--"

"YOU KILLED MY DAUGHTER!"

"I didn't killed her!"

I look over my shoulder to see a man that is towering a kid.

"She's dead. Burnt to ashes. It's only you who can do that to her." the man stated as I walk slowly towards them.

"I did not hurt her! I swear!"

I halt in my steps as I watch the kid breaks down in front of the man. It breaks my heart seeing it, hearing the kid's whimpers and the tears all over the face.

I saw how the man froze on his feet.

As a god of truth. I know, he knows that the kid is innocent.

But that doesn't changed the fact that she's dead.

°=°

"I'm sorry."

"Why? You didn't do anything wrong. It is my fault so I'm sorry."

"It wasn't your fault either. You didn't killed her."

"But her father is angry at me."

"He is. But I know it will pass. You didn't hurt her."

"Why are you so kind to me?"

"Because I know it's not your fault."

※●※

Why am I dreaming about that time? All I know is I buried it deep in my mind. It just hurts me to remember the reason to everything.. my past that is so cruel to me..

It also made me miss my sister.. all she did is smile and be kind to everyone but she's gone. Wherever she is.. I hope she's happy there.

"Elaine?"

I focus my gaze to the man beside me and a smile quickly grow in my lips.

"Cole." I called out and pushed myself to sat up. I look around and confirmed that we are at the auditorium.

"Are you feeling well?" he asked.

"Yep." I gave him a thumbs up.

I turn my gaze at my necklace. It's a sunstone. Unmei gave it to me to use once the time the sun will disappeared again and it worked. I woke up.

But since the sunstone is a rare type of magical item, and we only have one from Unmei, it is only me who is awake that is a descendant of the sun today.

"Oh glad you're awake, daughter of Apollo." Liliana came to us panting. I quickly stood up with the help of Cole. "We needed you now in the battlefield." she stated and I nod my head.

"Wait." I called out remembering something causing for Liliana and Cole looked at me confusedly. "Where is V oppa?" I asked.

I notice how the descendant of Persephone looked taken aback. I gave her a smile. "Please take me to him."

The three of us exchange looks until Liliana lead us to where the descendant of my father is.

We reached the front row of seats and saw V laying across it. I kneeled beside him and hold his wrist, feeling his pulse as I put my another hand to his forehead. This is my first time doing this, I just saw this technique on a book and I hope I won't regret this.