24

• 24 - TWO HEADS ARE BETTER THAN ONE •
Might need someone's suggestion.

| Nisha's POV |

"Nisha, wake up. Dinner's ready. Yuhoo~"

I groan when someone keeps shaking my body. "I'm up, I'm up." I grunted trying to pry that someone's hands away and good thing it did. I sat up while holding my forehead as I open my eyes but I quickly shut it. My head's aching badly and my vision's still spinning. What happened to me anyway?

"Are you okay?" I heard the same voice ask.

"Yeah, just a headache." I replied while massaging my temple to eased the pain.

"Well be quick, Nisha. Like I said, the dinner's ready. We need to eat." the voice reminded me and the sound of the door clicking shut echoes in the room. I open my eyes once the ache lessens and my shared room with Naomi meet me and I just figured out that Naomi's the one actually waking me up minutes ago. Wait.. how come I'm here? All I remember is that I'm walking around the garden until I reach the north forest and found Daciana and Accalia there and the woman --

'Remember them Nisha. The people you used to be closed with and this place that holds something special to you.'

Them? This place? Arcadia? Are all of that what she meant? Who were she anyway? I look around my room and my eyes lock to an object placed on my nightstand table. I move closer and carefully grab it. It is a scallop shell that is colored in soft lavender. I gently tap the top of it and it suddenly open catching me in surprise. What --

"Shin Ryujin."

Smooth and homey female voice caught my attention as I look up and saw the owner of it standing at the end of the bed. I don't feel any alarmed around her which confuses me cause I don't know her. I lowered my hands that are holding the scallop shell and ask her. "Who are you?"

"You really don't remember me?" she ask back and I frown at her as an answer. The woman have milky skin, brown wavy and long hair that lies on her waist. She walk around the bed and a small butterfly wings attached on her back come into view. Who really are she? Is fairies also present in this realm? She then gently sit on the bed in front of me and take both of my hands that are still holding the shell. She look up at me, her clear light brown mixed with dusty light pink orbs that I can see my own reflection on it.

I stare at her. "Who are you?" I ask again.

She then shows a soft smile. "Ever heard about the story of Eros, the god of intense love desire and Psyche, the maiden that personifies the human soul?" I nod my head to her. I know that story. Fact that it is one of my favorite stories in greek mythology. My eyes then grew wide when I realized something.

"You're.. you're goddess Psyche?"

She nod her head with a chuckles leaving her lips. "I'm actually here because of your mother, Ryujin. She wants you to know that she is always watching you and will always support you to whatever you'll do" she said and caress my hair. My mom. Of course Psyche will know her. I stares at her and as long as I look at her face, the sudden memories of what happened awhile ago in the forest comes flashing in my mind. It's her. That woman who told me to remember everything.

"You told me to remember." I speak up and I saw how she looks taken aback at my sudden statement but she quickly regain herself and pulled her hand away from me as I continue. "The people.. this place --"

"I wanted to help you, that's the part of why I'm also here but I can't do much cause bringing back the lost memories aren't one of my powers." she says looking down. I can tell that she really wanna help but can't do anything. She hold my hands that are still grasping the shell. "I guess we are just too late." she mumbled under her breath but I still understand every words escaping her lips. This made me frown. I am about to speak when someone knock on the door and creaks it open. Daciana then poked her head between the gaps of the door.