40

• 40 - ON THE FENCE •
Doubting because of the past.

| Elaine's POV |

"Girls."

We all turn our attention to the daughter of Poseidon who looked like in the bad mood sitting across me. Well, she's always in a bad mood.. it's in her nature already but she looks more bored right now.

"Can one of you suggest some activity for the day?" she asked making me roam my gaze around.

We're here at our dorm and it's just us girls since Class Virgo's dorm is much smaller than we have. We are also sharing rooms cause it's just two rooms in here. We all sat around in the living room and doesn't know what to do. Neither of us wanted to train again anyway.

"Unnie! How about we go shopping?" Juliane blurted out while raising her hand and a grin on her face. That made me smile. Juliane have been always bubbly, her face always have that smile and grin that made me asked myself if I'm really the daughter of Apollo here. She always have this sunshine on her.

Kendra raise a brow. "That's actually a great idea." she said and stood up. "Okay girls, we're going out." she announced and her eyes drape to the daughter of Athena. "You're going with us, Luana. We need to loosen up!" she pulled Luana away beside me while I just put my gaze at Nisha and Juliane.

"Yie! Let's go!" Juliane squeal and runs to our room first.

"Hey," I called Nisha who is still not moving from the couch beside me. She snaps from her thoughts and look at me confusedly. "We're going to the mall and no is not going to be the answer." I told her.

"Oh, right. Let's go."

I watched her walk and enter our room and I can't help but to feel sad. This must be hard for her. It's her first year and.. well, first war.

Me and the others quickly changed our clothes and wait to each other at the living room before making our way to the mall.

There's a few students here and there since like I said, training is the number one priority. Some students are also off to go back to their homelands or in the mortal realm if they are not really ready about fighting for the war and I can't blame them if they are not ready to die-- I mean risk their lives for the academy. It's a scary thing since we can face so many creatures in this war.

"I'm gonna buy a perfume. Do you all still have one?" Kendra asked and I shook my head same as the other girls.

We all decided to go to the boutique where we always bought perfume and Juliane quickly pulled me to an aisle where testers of new arrival perfumes are placed.

"Woah! This is so good!" she exclaims while I scan around. I grab one of the bottles that caught my eyes. I really love the aesthetics of the label. Red, orange, yellow, just like the sunset. Made me think of Hesperides. I really miss that place specially the Sunset goddesses.

THE HESPERIDES were the goddess-nymphs of evening and the golden light of sunsets.

"Juliane, Elaine," I turn my gaze at the end of the aisle and saw Nisha peeking to us. "Kendra is calling for the two of you. She already ordered us perfumes." she stated and I nod. Now is my time to pull Juliane away from that aisle and meet the other girls on the counter.

"This will be on me." Kendra said and give her ID to an Aurai that is usually the main staffs here in the academy.

THE AURAI (Aurae) were nymphs of the breezes.

"Thank you, unnie!" Juliane get one of the paper bags and clung to Kendra's arm. I smile and clung to the other one.

"Gods Elaine! Juliane! You two are so childish!" Kendra rolls her eyes but I just chuckles. It's nice being like this.. like before, we're always giggling, smiling and being just who we are.. like there's nothing ahead of us that doesn't need our whole attention.. just like before.. but I'm afraid that--